[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Advice on UMPC's

Advice on UMPC's

A place to shoot the breeze.

Advice on UMPC's

Postby smitty » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:04 am

Postby [spoon] » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:03 pm

With its wi-fi capibilities and browser the new iPod touch might work well and its 1/5th the price of an actual UMPC.

Postby Enigma » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:14 pm

I have been extremely happy with the iphone (posting from it at the moment). My only concern for using it for the web is the lack of support for flash based websites. If these aren't a concern, then it browses the web just fine. It may take a little while to get used to the keyboard due to the lack of tactile feedback.

Postby [spoon] » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:18 pm

but given the market for these devices (both the touch and the iphone) i wouldnt rule out a thirdparty keyboard in the near future. if the system is mainly point and click tho youre laughin!

Postby smitty » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 pm

Funny thing happened today at the managers meeting.
The owner of the restaurant moved back in town and
wants to do the order. Fine by me, actually it's great
because that means I get my day off back. I would
only show up for work for one and a half hours do the
order then go home. So this means that I don't need
a UMPC or the likes but now I want one :D . Was
looking at the Samsung Q1, now looking at the Nokia
N800.

-smitty

Postby Quisp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:05 pm

smitty if you get one let us know how things turn out. I have been looking
around for something like those. But I more or less want it for a home
remote. Something to que up toons or movies onto the stereo or big tv.
Checking emails or GPS or Skype is an added bonus. I like a few of them
but the $$$ is a bit high for what I want to use them for. And the add-ons
make the price even higher. is in my price range but I can wait till the n800's drop.

Postby Brinkmen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:16 pm

The is insane and so awesome. WAY better than the iPhone. :lol: 8)

Postby Quisp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:26 pm

Apple $100 rebate for the suckers that bought it before the price drop. :lol:

Postby wenv » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:00 pm

Well I was looking at a few of these a while back and this is the one that I like.

ASUS R2H -
* Intel Celeron M ULV Processor
* Microsoft Windows XP Tablet OS
* Built-in GPS
* Camera 1.3M
* Included stylus pen for touch panel plus external USB foldable keyboard
* 7” screen display
* HDD 20-60G, Memory 256MB
* SD card reader
* Weight: 2.03 pounds
* 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11b/g wireless LAN, Bluetooth 2.0
* Microphone and headphone ports