[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - More 8800 woes.

More 8800 woes.

A place to shoot the breeze.

Postby [spoon] » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:20 pm

Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby [spoon] » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:45 pm

Postby Verman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:45 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby [spoon] » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Lowering the AA and other settings makes a minimal difference, as does resolution.
It handles CSS, Bioshock, and HL2 when I played it fine. It used to run DODs alright, but there was the fog issue that made play on various maps rather annoying. It also ran Dark Messiah Might and Magic well. Oh running HL2 Deathmatch is runs very well.
Ofcourse none of those HL2 based games have much in the way of shrubbery or fog. Which seems to be the achillies heel of the 8800.

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 pm

Well as far as I can determine, I think it is something in a map that flips a bit that is causing this low fps on these two maps. Sometimes I don't get it at all, but once it starts, unless I send a retry command to the server so it forces reloading the map and configs,... the low fps behavior will continue into the next map. So it could be a side effect of a recent update by valve. It also may be a sign as to the weakness of the fog patch between nvidia/valve driver development.
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Verman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:15 pm

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Previous

Return to The barracks