[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Portal plot discussion

Portal plot discussion

A place to shoot the breeze.

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:55 pm

I'm figuring this out by myself. I haven't been to any spoiler threads or wiki pages so I might be completely wrong. I did put aperture science in the google and it was first listed but there are many other obviuos spoiler threads below it (they all are).

It's interesting that my research about this has been minimal as if I was guided. If I hadn't played Portal first I don't think this would have happened, nor had I found the login code on the wall and not a place to use it I wouldn't have looked further. It seems like the storyline guys writing this are making it as user friendly as possible while still maintaining a plot puzzle aspect similar to shows like Lost, Heroes, etc. It's really fun.
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Bobby » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:58 pm

Ah, but where is tier0? It holds the lowest level functions.

-b

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:13 pm

Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby UW Ness » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:06 pm

So ridiculous. A shower curtain company?? :lol:

Yeah that whole part in the NOTES is funny. But I think you're right Spanish about the chick being Cave Johnson's daughter. Not sure how (or if) it ties into HL though. That last line: "In many ways, the initial test goes well..." What does that mean?
I'm kind of assuming that GLaDOS wasn't lying when it said it released a neurotoxin and killed everyone, so was Aperture's goal all along to create this AI for some reason or what?

Postby JAPDOGG » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Postby SeanConnery » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:34 pm

The "bombs" were the end robots eyes or brains or whatever. It was some sort of stockpile of extra parts. Dont do too much speculation on the Portal storyline without first completing EP2.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 pm

Noticed this while playing though some HL2 today. It's in the black mesa complex where you meet up with eli again.

Postby UW Ness » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:57 pm

Lol you just noticed that on the wall there? If you go up to it, Eli will say a few words about Breen or something.

It's really incredible how much the graphics and stuff have improved since HL2, even since Episode 1, they just keep outdoing themselves. And the commentary is really cool, a lot of the stuff they say mentions how important it is that the games are realistic. I just listened to one earlier about Alyx climbing in and out of the car, how they did a lot of work to make her climb in realistically from various positions, rather than what a lot of games do and just have people disappear and appear in the passenger seat.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:39 am

I just got HL2 so I decided I'll play though it, I never played that far into HL1.
Alyx has a hawt Black Mesa Hoodie I noticed also.

Postby UW Ness » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:36 am

Previous

Return to The barracks