[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Vista Annoyances

Vista Annoyances

A place to shoot the breeze.

Postby Brinkmen » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:34 am

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:05 am

Postby lilGenie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:28 am

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:34 am

BTW, Brinkmen after last night on vent I don't know if you want to be commenting on computing subjects... :O

Postby Brinkmen » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Postby Emazing » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Well I decided to put Vista on a tertiary hard drive. I have trouble envisioning myself sticking with the Vista envrionment simply because it makes multitasking while playing games near impossible.

I'm used to running in a 1680x1050 window with all the grahpics turned up, and by default, Firefox 2, Winamp, Trillian, Xfire, HLSW, Photoshop CS, and CuteFTP all running in the background. I do this so that anytime somebody needs something, I can quickly jump to it and get done whatever they need done, even while gaming. By running all my apps on my second monitor, I can continue to monitor the game on the first, to see when I need to come back in game and whatnot. With Vista though, running CS or DoD in a window causes a strange sort of lag. It still reads as having 100+FPS, but it feels a strange sort of choppy, like every second or so it slows down and then speeds back up.

I also find that after tabbing out and back into the game enough times, I get stuck with 15-30 FPS, and have to restart the game to get back to normal. Running the game full screen, I get no lag, but tabbing back into the game takes a good 3-4 seconds, eventually I get bit with the same bug where my framerate is tanked to 15-30 FPS and I must restart the game to get it back to normal.

There's just no way I can game without being able to play smoothly, and also get other things done at the same time. So I will stick with XP until I can use Vista to multitask effectively.

Postby [spoon] » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:55 pm

what kinda a system do you have emazing?

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Postby Emazing » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Are you using the latest (100.65)?

Nice system BTW.

Postby [spoon] » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:09 am

Postby Emazing » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:39 pm

Postby Emazing » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby MAULER » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:44 pm

i'm downloading vista as I type, and I think I will install it to see if I like it. I was going to wait until the SP1 comes out, but meh.

Should run well with those components...

PreviousNext

Return to The barracks