[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Which set of albums would you rather have?

Which set of albums would you rather have?

A place to shoot the breeze.

If you could only have one set, which would you take?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:48 pm

First five Roxy Music albums
7%
First five Black Sabbath albums
33%
First six Led Zeppelin albums
60%

Total votes : 15

Postby Ze Juden » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:33 pm

Consequences dictate
Our course of action
And it doesnt matter whats right.
Its only wrong if you get caught.

Postby Grim_Death » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:34 pm

Postby Fire Marshal » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Postby Crud » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:32 pm

Postby Bobby » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:17 am

Last edited by Bobby on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Grim_Death » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:52 am

Site Admin

Postby Hand of Doom » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:02 am

Hey Major, did you ever see Floyd or Roger Waters play in Seattle? These were some great shows indeed.

In high school people thought my friends and I were Satan worshipers because of the music we listened to.

Some music tastes in my life:

Jr. High / high school music tastes

Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Montrose, motorhead, Floyd,
BOC, Whitesnake, Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen, UFO, Rush, Pat Travers, hendrix, Van halen, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, T-rex, Rainbow, The Doors

After High School into early 20's - Drinking age

Some Ozzy - he went commercial after Sabbath :cry: , The Cure, Depeche Mode, REM, Tones on tail, Skinny Puppy, Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, and many more industrial/goth bands

Mid 20's and after:

KMFDM, Front line assembly, FRont 242, Hocico, Covenant, and all of the hard rock type bands in this erra. Metallica, megadeath

Last couple years:

I listen to everything! Every day my taste changes.

My favorites lately are the Deftones, Front line assembly, pantera.

I kinda was writing this as I was taking a F.E.M.A. test, so forgive the mess. I was so bored.

Postby Spud » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:13 am

So that means you listen to country too doom??????

Postby Bobby » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:26 am

Nice list doom. My favourite band in high school was Bauhaus. Followed
them into ToT / Love & Rockets, Sisters of Mercy, NIN, Ministry (all
those side projects - Pailhead, Pigface, RevCo, 1KHDJs) and Front 242.

Also liked progressive stuff (Zappa, Roxy, Genesis, Rush, Peter Gabriel's
solo works,) Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Fugazi, Violent
Femmes, Pogues, Beastie Boys, Butthole Surfers, Dead Milkmen, and
avant-garde (Laurie Anderson, Art of Noise, Philip Glass.) Doors, CCR,
Zeppelin, The Who, and New Wave too (DM, Duran Duran.)

Big funk fan - Parliament, Bootsy, James Brown. Got into Chilli Peppers
early on when they were quite funky, from them into Faith No More and
Patton's solo works, side projects and offshoots (Mr. Bungle, Fantomas,
Tomahawk, Secret Chiefs 3.) Surf (Man or Astro-Man?, Laika)

Jazz (Gene Harris, OP, Ahmad Jamal, Dave Brubeck,), opera (G&S and
older, weightier stuff) and classical (mostly Russian composers - Gliere
is a favourite) as well.

When I lived in France I got into french rock - Les Innocents, L'Affaire
Louis Trio, Patricia Kaas.

Over the last 10 years I've gone back to 60s, 70s and 80s music to
unearth gems I missed the first time 'round, like Klaatu's first two
albums, Burt Bacharach, Neil Diamond.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Secret Chiefs 3, Man or Astro-Man?,
Chris Isaak and Philip Glass.

-b

Postby Verman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:52 am

Grim, think you need to check into the sico ward for a few and get thoughs anger issues looked after.

Wait, never mind they will probably sedate you. Then have you listen to Pink Floyds Animals album over and over. Then before you know it, all you will here are sheep and dogs, and you will sware pigs can fly.

I believe this would be wasted on you, so I'll go instead. lol

Damn Sr, I forgot all about The Tubes. I saw them back in '77, along with Nazarath, The Kinks, and Alice Cooper. Talk about some mem's.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby Major Catastrophe » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:02 am

Unfortunately I missed out on Floyd in concert, and I wasn't gonna even give it a shot post-Waters. No disrespect to David Gilmour. He put out a coupla pretty good albums. Well, maybe a coupla albums with a coupla pretty good songs would be more accurate. The last bits of Pink Floyd were simply not Pink Floyd, is what I am getting at. I was never in the right place at the right time for Roger Waters solo, either. Really liked some of his stuff, though.

In H.S. I listened to a lot of UFO, Priest, Scorpions, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Yngwie, etc. Plus I was a total Blue Oyster Cult geek. I remember in 1983 going to see BOC in Vancouver with some buddies. We got these great seats in the fourth row. Guys in front of us had bought scalped tickets for like 3 times face value. The announcer comes out and tells everybody that the opening act - Aldo Nova! - is sick. He can't make it, So Blue Oyster Cult has to play an extended set. We are stoked!

The guys in front of us get up and leave! They went and got face-value refunds for their tickets. They had paid like 40 bucks in 1983 money to see Aldo Nova! Now we had even better seats! A great show, too.

After HS I went all over the place. Steely Dan, Talking Heads, Zappa, Roxy Music, Accept, and Motorhead. Dire Straits, Love and Rockets, Pixies, David Lindley, Kate Bush, Beatles, Traffic, Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, Bowie, Grateful Dead, SRV. Loads of Pink Floyd. Wore out Animals over and over. Meddle too.

Moved to Seattle just in time to see Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, etc all blow up at once, mostly at the Off-Ramp and little places like that. That was cool. Just hanging out with buddies at low-rent shows, and then, BOOM! Suddenly everybody gets all amazing on-stage! Got into Funk pretty hardcore around then, too, as well as Ben Harper, The Sundays, The Grays. Found Richard Thompson and Nick Drake at this point, too. Also Dave Matthews. He was good before he got sucky.

After that I got into Jazz pretty hard. Especially Piano and Hammond B3 stuff. Joey Di Francesco, Gene Harris, Oscar Peterson, Errol Garner. Found Houston Person, Louis Armstrong, then got into female vocalists like Dinah Washington, Etta James. Started hanging out at Jazz Alley and a cool little club on the East Side called Spencer's. Got to see lotsa people who subsequently died.

Now I barely have time to go a-hunting. People send me stuff on the net, and it's mostly great.

Postby Fire Marshal » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:05 am

You guys have far more interesting musical tastes than I. I fear partly due to our age differences :shock: Only 27 here.

In Jr. High, I listened to EVERYTHING (yes, even country, Billy Ray Cyrus to be exact :lol: ), I slowly filtered out what I didnt like, and by high school, I was listening to, anything and everything that had to do with grunge, and some harder rock thrown in. Nirvana, NIN, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, White Zombie, Metallica, etc...And then I met my wife, and my tastes changed ten-fold, cause she loved the classic rock/80's rock, so I was listening to everything that she liked, as well as what I did.

Currently
Mostly the same stuff, which is pretty spread out, much like Dooms taste really, usually take it day to day. I am big into Tool, Audioslave, Rage, and the likes. But I listen to most anything once again, just like Jr High, but I still cant listen to Country, or a LOT of Rap. I mean, I like rap, but most of them just dont know how to rap. Even Classical music finds its way into my mp3 player sometimes.

Bah, I've rambled far outside the scope of this thread..... :roll:

Postby Crud » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:56 am

Sigh.... :roll:
Bobby as I thought, it's like trying to teach something that is unteachable unless you were there.....
Anyway have all the Bauhaus albums, Joy Division, etc.... border line new wave. :P
Did shows with Sisters of Mercy, they are not very nice people.
Used to stay with the drummer for the Buttholes down in Texas, nice people, great music.
The Violent Femmes tons of shows with those guys, until the drummer went born again (crazy).
Have worked with Bootsy doing monitors for him, great and crazy guy.
Love the FUNK!
Had the Man or Astro-Man sleep on my floor a few times, very nice bunch, plus great music....
Good friends with the old singer for Faith No More, that first record rocked (the rest ma!).
Have done shows with Duran Duran, Neil Diamond (he's crazy), Burt Bacharach, a hell of a lot of Jazz (over 20 years Vancouver Jazz Fest mixing).
And don't get me started on those Asshats the Chilli Peppers, bad history there.

I could go on and on made a list over 15 years ago and it was over 7 pages long.
Don't even want to think of how long it is now.
Just mixed David Cassady and Tony Orlando at the PNE, crazy, both great shows.

I'm not saying you don't know
Bobby...
What I am saying is if you missed the beginning of the Punk (not what the media calls PUNK) in the 70's...
Well you might have a bit of a clouded view of it.

I've worked with Johnny Lyden, nice guy and super smart.
I did a show with the Professionals (Steve and Paul from the Sex Pistols), boy did they suck! :shock:
Still nice people...
I went to a Sex Pistols show in SF, their last tour in the states.
I was super young, it was amazing. :D

Also please do not think that I think I'm some hot shit, I don't.
Because of my life.... I just love good music.
Music has been my whole life, back in the 60/70's I traveled with my Dad's band.
We had a school bus and a huge two polled circus tent and played all around North America and Mexico.
It was a great thing to be around when your a kid!
:D

is a rather small photo of us all.

Sorry for the long winded write, as you all know I tend to blather on some...

Flam away!
:lol:

Psst... I like a lot of what everyone else has written here, but I'm a bit of a crusty old punk rocker. :wink:

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:12 pm

Looks like the ogden edsel wahalia blues onsomble mondo bizarrio band
Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Postby Grim_Death » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:00 pm

lol that is one long name sr but you forgot to type the ogden edsel wahalia blues onsomble mondo bizarrio gloomy outstanding and many more band.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
any more tounges ill be Gene Simmons of KISS

PreviousNext

Return to The barracks