[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - help me pick

help me pick

A place to shoot the breeze.

Which Video Card

eVGA 256-P2-N584-AR Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
38%
eVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO
31%
Other
31%

Total votes : 13

help me pick

Postby Quisp » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:10 pm

I need to build a system around the x2 4200 I got from Thompson.

I don't want to spend a ton of money on this system. I can't decide on the
video card, so I am asking for a vote.

Here is the choices

#1, $225.99 -$20 rebate = $205.99

#2, $179.99 -$20 rebate = $159.99

I am going to get

Motherboard
$154.99

PSU

$119.99 -$18 rebate = $101.99

Case
$69.00
I'll get it at free shipping

I have memory, cd/dvd, floppy and sound card already

If you pick other, tell me which card.

The reason I picked these two was because of price and new cards
starting to come out. I want to leave myself the option to get the second
video card for SLI later if I decide to go that route. This PC will last me
about a year till the new cards and stuff get a bit cheaper and quad cores
drop in price.

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:04 pm

The 7900GS you listed is the card I have (in fact you can read my "review" following the link). It will play DoD:S fine at 1280x1024 everything high (no AA/AF/HDR). It's a good card, but then again so is (presumably) the GT...

Postby Verman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:38 pm

GS.

I've got the same mb with 3800+ single core and the 7800gt. Plays just fine with every thing on and highest settings. Wish the 78's would go down so I could get another for sli. I can get 2 7900gs's for about the same price as one 7800gt. Go figure.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby Cpt. Thompson » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:54 pm

I have the 7900gt ko and its awsome. Works great

Postby Spud » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:11 am

If i was going to make a rig out of that stuff i'd probably go with something a little more along the lines of one of these and by the time you need it another one for SLI will be cheaper

and its only $50 more

this is the eVGA one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130061

and this is a BFG one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814143071

Postby Quisp » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:02 am

Good point Spud, although I didn't want to spend that much.

But for double the memory and a little higher rates the $50 may be worth
it. I looked at those two before and liked the eVGA one. And maybe in
3 or 4 months it will be under $200 for the second one.

Anyone know what the KO stands for?

ewww I just noticed this one

$279.99 ($269.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate)

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am

If I'm not mistaken it just means it's factory overclocked.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:32 am

I posted in another thread what the gt ko and other stuff meant, I just got to find it now...

Postby Spud » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:17 am

QUISP Look at it this way pretend you are spending the money you saved on the processer price that way you arn't spending more just getting better things for the money.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:00 pm

you go quisp. 7 series model explanations.

Postby Quisp » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:19 pm

thanks rommel

Postby Quisp » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:17 am

a simple artical for simple people

Return to The barracks