[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Mic volume settings

Mic volume settings

A place to shoot the breeze.

Mic volume settings

Postby lilGenie » Mon May 28, 2007 2:11 pm

I am having this issue of microphone volume while playing DoD:S. I had
adjust the mic volume slider to appropriate level. Then, yesterday, many
folks complained about sound volume and asked me to reduce it. I went
into options and found that it was set to max. I reset it to the desired level.
Then the map changed and I found it at the max level again. This is
happening with every map change.

Then, this morning I tried to set it and as soon as I hit apply, and reopened
the options to check, I found it set to the max. I have absolutely no idea why
this is happening. I have and in use for quite sometime
now.

While playing, one player mentioned that he had encountered a similar
issue before but didn't tell me if it fixed by itself. Has anyone else seen
this issue? How did you fix it? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Postby Quisp » Mon May 28, 2007 2:44 pm

not sure if this will help but when I use the option screen it sometimes was
not centered. I would then move it to the center and close it, then when I
opened it again it was back to the right and I would have to re-center it.

I found though if I center it and use the X in the upper right corner to close
it, that this would work to keep it centered.

So try making the changes and click apply then use the X to close it and
see if that works.

Others that have had this problem may also have some ideas.

Postby Brinkmen » Mon May 28, 2007 4:04 pm

Somewhat on that note. As many of you know. I have been having problems with my mic in game. :( I think it may have something to do with my FPS. On maps where I have a bad FPS, people tell me my mic is breaking up. Then we went to Battlebridge(with a much better FPS) and people said it was fine. Oh and no problems with the mic in vent. Any advice or ways to fix this would be much appreciated. :D

Postby Major Catastrophe » Mon May 28, 2007 6:25 pm

Same thing used to happen with regards to the mic boost, when Speex first got applied to Source. Actually, there seem to have been a host of voice issues since they made the switch. The others seem to have gone away one by one, probably during updates. I'd encourage you to chime in on the Steam forums, just to make sure they are aware of the problem.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon May 28, 2007 8:51 pm

Postby Verman » Tue May 29, 2007 4:14 pm

Leave it on high and turn it down in the game settings. Just make sure mic boost is off. Thats how mine is setup.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby lilGenie » Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 am

Postby Verman » Wed May 30, 2007 2:42 pm

Oh, I thought the problem was system vol. My bad.

Not sure if this will make a dif. but, check and make sure your config file is not checked for read-only.

George Carlin

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed May 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Make sure when you do a game reinstall to just rename the steam folder so you don't lose all the info and GB's of stuff...you'll probably wise you had after if you don't.

Postby Quisp » Wed May 30, 2007 3:23 pm

I just did a fresh install of DoD:s, took about 1 hour.

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Wed May 30, 2007 4:57 pm

Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed May 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Postby lilGenie » Thu May 31, 2007 1:09 am

Postby Verman » Thu May 31, 2007 4:33 am

George Carlin

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu May 31, 2007 5:06 am

Next

Return to The barracks