[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Steam update error

Steam update error

A place to shoot the breeze.
Troll

Steam update error

Postby Rommel » Wed May 30, 2007 6:26 pm

So I got startup steam after a reboot...It does an update box thing, then it gives me an error saying my exe is farked.
So I renamed my old steam folder and ran the installer, which 'uninstalled' what was left. I ran it again to reinstall and it did the same thing.

Turd faced steam.

Photoshopped to da m4x, guess the changes made.
A: is floppy, duh
C: is XP
D: is Vista
E: is C,D's shared data
F: is General data
G: is A real cd drive
H: is a virtual
I: is a usb drive
J: is the second partition on the usb
K: is the virtual, H and K should be grouped, I should get around to fixing that. Only used for mounting mini images for carbon, bf2, most wanted, and dvd iso's

Something similar happened when I updated Firefox as well, except Firefox fixed it's self after I renamed the backup the installer made to firefox.exe

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Wed May 30, 2007 7:12 pm

So are you just asking for hugs or what?
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Dis Skillz » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 pm

I haven't been able to play after the update today, I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu May 31, 2007 5:04 am

Postby Corny Brooks » Thu May 31, 2007 5:56 am

ImageImage

Postby Quisp » Thu May 31, 2007 11:22 am

I've had a few things happen but for the most part a re-start fixed them.
I still have problems when I download a new map it will stop at sending
info. So I have to quick disconnect and then reconnect to the server for
it to work. Luckly I have been able to get right back on 99% of the time.
But this was happening before I did a fresh install.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu May 31, 2007 2:36 pm

I beat this pig!!

I reinstalled steam to it's default location, then updated, after that I copied that folder's contents to my to my old location.
SUCK IT STEAM!!

Postby Pvt_Go » Thu May 31, 2007 3:50 pm

its official, rommel needs a HUG and a friend... :D
"In peace sons bury their fathers; in war fathers bury their sons..."

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu May 31, 2007 4:08 pm

I do.

Return to The barracks