[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Well...everyone else did

Well...everyone else did

A place to shoot the breeze.

Opinions...

Way cool :D
6%
That is the bomb :shock:
6%
Far out 8)
11%
STFU, you still a nub :twisted:
78%

Total votes : 18

Postby Enigma » Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 pm

Last edited by Enigma on Thu May 31, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 pm

Postby General Nuisance » Thu May 31, 2007 4:57 pm

OK, now taking suggestions since I cancelled that order. But I still have the Video card abd HD.
ImageImage

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 pm

Ok, that is my exact system except for the RAM. And I would have gotten that ram if it wasn't so pricey at the time. I got the 6400c/d. When you try to overclock, it naturally bumps the ram upto 1066.

I think my system is pretty kickass. Six Months ago that system cost me $1700, I had the case, keyboard/mouse, monitor but had to get a powersupply also (700w). So if you can get it for less than $1700 ( that includes 3 80Gb drives for $135 ),...say $1450 then that's still a reasonable deal. I plan to add the second vid card maybe this time next year. I would say your powersupply is on the weak side for this system and your only worry is that you will need to replace it when you get a another vid card for SLI. I use onboard audio, its fine, but I'm pretty tone death anyway. An audio card might tip the scale though. You might have problems lightscribing while doing other stuff but that's it.

Plus you have me and spoony to diagnose problems together because we both have the same thing too.

Good choice. Resend order.
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Fire Marshal » Thu May 31, 2007 6:17 pm

All the components really were fine, just swap out the memory for some DDR-800.
And get a different PSU/Case.

Here is the RAM I picked up. Gotten some great reviews.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231065

My brother suggested a Fortron, or Antec PSU to me after I sent the order through.
You should check out those. For me, the PSU was my only ordering flaw :? My shipment
arrives tomorrow whee!! I'll update it when I get the chance. Going to a friend's
place tomorrow night, so I won't have time to play with it, and afterwards, I'll probably
have had too much liquor to think straight about putting the comp together....

why the hell have I talked this much..

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Thu May 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Postby Quisp » Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 pm

Postby Enigma » Thu May 31, 2007 6:49 pm

Postby Brinkmen » Thu May 31, 2007 9:13 pm

Previous

Return to The barracks