[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Weird stutter?

Weird stutter?

A place to shoot the breeze.

Weird stutter?

Postby JonnyDangerously » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:49 pm

I tried to join the server today - and actually tried joining a couple of others - but when I got on, there was like a weird stutter in my audio... and also my video would be jerky. seemed to be about a half second loop. Made the game unplayable. Anyone else having this trouble, or is it just me? Have they made a change to the program in the last few days? Anyone have any suggestions?

No, I didn't have any programs running in the background, and I even rebooted to see if that might help - it didn't.

Postby Quisp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:45 pm

not sure, when was the last time you cleaned things out. PSU, GPU, CPU.

I guess you are using on-board (mobo) sound? maybe power problems.
If overclocking turn it off.

Verify your steam files.

check your bandwidth on your internet connection. is your ping normal?

Just tossing stuff out here. good luck.

Postby Spud » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:17 pm

when was the last time you just tried plain ol restarting your puter?

Postby Quisp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:29 pm

Postby Verman » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:23 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby Cats » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:47 am

- Cat's Pajamas

Postby Quisp » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:54 am

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:38 am

What no sound driver corruption advice? That's about all that's left from the suggestions on this topic. Delete your sound card from Device Manager, reboot, let windows rebuild it.

Also, look to see if your harddrive light on your case is flashing to beat the band when you start stuttering in game. Repetitive harddrive access will cause stutterring. This can happen from a program running in background that is writing to disk or just because your harddrive has less space left on it than windows has set for virtual swap space.
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby JonnyDangerously » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:38 pm

Return to The barracks