[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - New Mouse!! / Problem with old mouse

New Mouse!! / Problem with old mouse

A place to shoot the breeze.

Postby UW Ness » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:58 pm

So far I like the mouse, as far as sensitivity goes, I have it set so it feels similar to the old mouse. If I changed it my sniping would get thrown off hehe, but it's very responsive, both movement and button presses. I can definitely control fast turns and keep accuracy better than the old mouse, while still having smooth control over slower movements for sniping and such. Plus whatever the material is that it moves on is pretty slick, it almost glides on the desk.

I've only had the chance to play like 2 maps with it, so let me get back to you on the lifting/tracking thing for in game, but just moving the mouse around on screen right now, it can track if it's not placed on the desk, but the amount of space between the mouse and desk is small enough that if I put my head on the desk to try and look under the mouse, I can't see my finger touching the desk on the other side. It's hard to measure with a ruler, but it's gotta be like 1 or 2 millimeters. Lifting it up any more and it won't track.

The wheel button presses pretty easy without wheeling up or down, for me it can move the mouse up very slightly, but mostly because the main part of my middle finger is over the wheel, and I prefer fingertips. But if I use my pointer finger on the wheel (I use my pointer finger to press it), it's very easy to keep the mouse from moving (and the wheel won't roll).

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:00 am

Postby Enigma » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Postby S1080 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Postby Spud » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:31 pm

Postby Brinkmen » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:25 pm

Postby Quisp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 pm

I was wrong with the setpoint setting, the "enable smart move" is the
same as move the mouse to default button thing in the settings/control
panel/moust/pointer options. I thought it was the same as enhanced precision thing.

So in the setpoint setting you can still have the "enable smart move" checked. Just don't use the enhanced thing.

I know, now I got ya messed up. :lol:

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 pm

All those fancy settings... They don't even explain what does what in the manual (one page). Anything with "smart" or "enhanced" in it, I turn off. :mrgreen:

Postby lilGenie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:05 am

I do not have G5 and never used it so I can't comment how fair Habu mouse
is compared to G5 but only reason I did not pick G5 is because I somehow
did not feel right with the grip of that mouse. Then, I tried Razer Habu. I like
the two side buttons and the fact that you can reposition it. Other good thing
is that the sensitivity buttons are right above the wheel, which I can change
on the fly (while sniping or using MG). The wheel button is also very easy to
press without rolling the wheel.

The movement is very precise. It also stops moving as soon as I lift it up
from the pad. The polling is configurable from 125 to 1200Hz. It doesn't
have any configurable weights though, but thats a plus point for me as I
like it that way. And not to mention the blue light around it adds to its
coolness.

Previous

Return to The barracks