[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - New Mouse!! / Problem with old mouse

New Mouse!! / Problem with old mouse

A place to shoot the breeze.

New Mouse!! / Problem with old mouse

Postby UW Ness » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:51 pm

Last edited by UW Ness on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Quisp » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:17 am

Postby UW Ness » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:34 pm

Alright thanks Quisp, I'll look into those. I hope it's not the motherboard, our household has just not had good luck when it comes to motherboards...

I also did a quick search on Microsoft's site, and according to a page I found there, it thinks it might be a problem with the registry, and gives instructions on how to delete the keys for input devices and to just reinstall them, is that something that might cause this? I tried going through the steps to do it but it's so hard trying to find the right keys without a mouse...

Hell, I'm browsing the internet (and my entire computer) using the arrow keys, TAB, and Alt buttons, it sucks. :x

Postby lilGenie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Postby RiBBeD » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Killing is my business..and business is good.

Postby Quisp » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:27 pm

it might be worth a shot, but could be hard without the knowing what keys
to press as you go. Good luck, the worst thing that could happen is you
learn how to get around windows with just the keyboard :lol:

If you have a program to clean the registry you could also try that.
The question remains how did the registry get mucked up in the first place
if that is the case. Maybe if you have saved restore points you could go
back to before it started messing up.

If they are USB stuff, go into device manager and delete out the stuff
under USB and reboot and let windows re-install the drivers.

Keep plugging away at it, you'll figure it out.

Postby UW Ness » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:39 pm

I have no idea how this started, the mouse started acting up in the middle of DoD which I thought was odd... and it sucks, the few days that I don't have work and no school and I can't play DoD :cry:

I used a registry repair/cleanup program (WinASO) and did some other maintenance stuff, none of that worked though. My dad brought home a cheapo ball mouse and it didn't work at first, but we turned off the computer for a while and turned it back on and now things are working, so hopefully it was just the optical mouse, but who knows. I'll still try and delete the stuff from that mouse and try a different one, hopefully the issue won't resurface.

We'll probably get a new mouse, the optical one was kinda old anyway, but now that I have a mouse that is at least working, I should be able to get into the registry and see what I'm doing. I hope anyway! :lol:

Postby UW Ness » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:23 pm

Well I didn't do a whole lot with that old mouse, we're just going to toss it probably, but we got a new mouse today, no more ball mouse!

It's a pretty sick mouse, and the first 'gaming' mouse I've ever used. Infrared, 1800 dpi, 1000Hz, I don't know what all that crap means, but we'll soon find out, about to try out DoD with it. Maybe it'll improve my KAR abilities :D

Postby Quisp » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:30 pm

Postby lilGenie » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:44 pm

I have this...

Pretty decent mouse.

Postby UW Ness » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 am

Lol no Quisp, we had a Microsoft wired optical mouse, and the only mouse we were able to get working after the issue started was a piece of crap ball mouse, I played a couple maps with it and it SUCKS!

But we got this new one now, and it's a LOT better. If we hadn't picked this one up, I probably would have gotten the same one you've got there Gennie.

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:40 am

So Ness, first impression?

I finally got fed up of dying because the wheel of my lowly optical 2 button+wheel mouse wouldn't pick up the weapon change. I'm trying a Logitech G5, but I'm not completely happy. :/

A couple question about your DeathAdder: when you lift the mouse to recenter it on your desk/mouse pad, does it stop tracking right when you lift it or soon enough so as to not move your crosshair too much?

My old optical is pretty good at stopping to track very soon, while the G5 keeps tracking for a good half-centimeter above the desk, that's annoying.

How easy to press is the whell button? Can you push it without wheeling up or down, or inducing mouse movement?

Thanks for letting me know.

Postby Quisp » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:07 am

Uks, make sure you have the setpoint option for "enable smart move" UN-checked.
And then in your start/setttings/control panel/mouse/pointer options,
make sure to UN-check "enhanced pointer percision".

This was the cause of my mouse slowly moving virtical whenever I moved my mouse horizontally.
The problem I still have is getting my setpoint option to stick. I have to
check it every so often to make sure it didn't automatically go back on.

I'm not real happy with the I have, but I did notice they have a with 2 thumb buttons.

If I find a good deal on the new one I may just give it a try.

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:16 am

Postby Spud » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Next

Return to The barracks