[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - The most irritating thing to you?

The most irritating thing to you?

A place to shoot the breeze.

What is the most irratating to you?

Caper watchers
21%
Teammates randomly firing for no reason
21%
Shooting in spawn
5%
Being teamkilled
11%
You - you often find yourself irritating
5%
Cpt. Krazy (signed: Billy)
11%
Nothing, DoD is always pure bliss
5%
Polls with too many options are irritating
No votes
Other - please share
21%

Total votes : 19

The most irritating thing to you?

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:45 pm

Well, yesterday was a day of suckage for me (at DoD I mean). I couldn't aim to save my life, the game was stuttering and I found an alarmingly high number of my teammates kinda, err, clueless.

I sucked at this map, I sucked at that one, I sucked at Northbound (which did not suprise me so much), and I also sucked at Veghel. Oh, Veghel, Veghel, you broke my heart... :cry: The only - meager - highlight was: I was dignified with a "grrrrrr" from Jacky after I took her down (and died shortly thereafter).

So! I was wondering, what do you guys find the most consistantly irritating when playing DoD?

N.B. By "Caper watchers", I mean the guy that stands still, unconcerned, without purpose, just outside the cap area where you've been helplessly sitting duck for what seems like 2 hours waiting for a teammate to finally complete the cap... The Chief's choice, as far as I'm concerned (with me being close second).

Postby Bobby » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:30 pm

Other: Weak support on my flank.

Seems to be worse over the past couple of days. I move forward, and if there are teammates to my left or right I'll cover the other side - then those mates just vanish or are completely ineffective... they don't fire a single shot at the enemy and die, or run off.

If a nade comes in, they don't have the "grenade!" voice command handy (a very nice tip, since only nearby players can hear it in game, so you know it's close. If you just say 'grenade' over the voice comm, there's no point of reference - it could be anywhere on the map) so I get blown up.

It's better at night when the more skilled players come out and raise the overall skill level of the server, but during the day, it can get bad.

Runner Up: Guys who try to shoot out the same window / from the same position that you are.

Man, when I'm sniping from a window, and some other sniper walks up next to me, blocks me out, or stands in front of me... I get pissed off. I don't know if they don't see me standing there, or just don't care.

-b

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:42 pm

Postby Fire Marshal » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:47 pm

Postby BlueDevil » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:53 pm

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:03 pm

Postby Bobby » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:22 pm

Postby Mad Martigan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:17 pm

Postby Quisp » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby BlueDevil » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:16 pm

Postby Major Catastrophe » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:27 pm

Last edited by Major Catastrophe on Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kanadian » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:04 pm

Postby DArkness » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:17 pm

Kaminazi: c’mon guys, how ****ing long does it take to catch on that darkness is knifing you every time you smoke to grab the flag

Postby DArkness » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:18 pm

Kaminazi: c’mon guys, how ****ing long does it take to catch on that darkness is knifing you every time you smoke to grab the flag

Postby Fred ! » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:06 am

Judging from the notions expounded by theologians, it seems that God created most men, simply with a view to crowding Hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Next

Return to The barracks