[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Good News

Good News

A place to shoot the breeze.

Good News

Postby The Advent » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:24 am

I'm getting a tat on the 27th!!!! hurray for the Lord. Won't tell you what I'm getting.

Postby Fire Marshal » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:21 am

Postby Sparky » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Oh I'm sure we'll see a photo, " whether we want to or not" of it. :)

Just don't ask where he's getting it. :P

On second thought I'll beat him, here's a photo of one I got a couple of weeks
ago on my right calf.

If anybody asks if it hurts, some places do a fair bit others not so much.
My advice to anybody thinking about getting a tattoo, would be if it's your
first... think about it for a looong time, do not be in a hurry as it's going to
be with you forever, however long that might be.

Postby smitty » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Sparky, it looks like your ready for some checkers or chess. j/k
It reminds me of The Specials and well, ska music in general.
My buddy plays with The Skatalights.

-smitty

Postby Bib Fortuna » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:43 pm

"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby UW Ness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:18 pm

Nice Sparky, looks painful but I'm a big fan of black and white checkered stuff myself. Reminds me of ska too, I like ska. :D

Your buddy plays with the Skatalites, Smitty? Like, the ska pioneers from Jamaica? That's pretty awesome man, I saw them a few months back at Studio 7 in Seattle, pretty good show.

I've been thinking a bit about getting a tattoo for a while now, but I haven't decided... And I don't know how much it would cost, I'm not exactly rolling in the dough right now. But here's what I would get on my upper arm on the shoulder-ish:

This would be the main design but without the lettering and not in a box, it would kind of disappear off the ends

and then the main logo at the top of this one would be right underneath the water, blending in.

I think it would be cool whether anyone else does or not, and I'd get that because that's a band I really like, and the band I got to play on stage with and hang out backstage with last year. It was an awesome thing for me, so I think it's something that would be meaningful to me.

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:26 pm

Why not Mom? Isn't she meaningful to you?
Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Postby Fire Marshal » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:04 pm

I've chosen the Tribal tattoo route. I only have one right now, and will get more eventually.
If you search, you can find my initial thread on my tattoo, and see the whole thing.

yes, it hurt.........reeeeeally bad

Postby UW Ness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:39 pm

Sure my mom is meaningful, but I still live with her so I don't really need a tattoo. Plus I see my mom every day, whereas playing live on stage with a favorite band is a once in a lifetime experience.

Postby The Advent » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:36 pm

Postby Sparky » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:15 pm

Postby Kanadian » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:12 pm

I don't intend to sound mean, but Tribal tattoo's are waaaaaaay over used and just look retarded now. :?

Postby Grouch » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:54 pm

ImageImage

Postby Emazing » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:07 pm

As Sparky wisely suggests, think long and hard about it before you get a tattoo. At least a month, if not longer. You're going to be stuck with whatever you get for the rest of your life, so it's not a decision you should make lightly.

Anyway, I have some. Since a couple other people already posted theirs, we can turn this into a post pictures of your tattoo's thread, or something like that.

I got these two done on my upper pelvic area when I was still in high school. I got both done on impulse, and I don't really like the bird anymore :(

And here's my incomplete sleeve of sea creatures from a couple different angles. I started this last year, but it's flippin' expensive, so I have not been able to get more work done yet.

Postby UW Ness » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:59 pm

Next

Return to The barracks