[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - What they teach in schools now days.

What they teach in schools now days.

A place to shoot the breeze.

What they teach in schools now days.

Postby HerrKutt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:10 am

So the other day someone in steam said that they perfered either Roosevelt, Theodore because he brought in the industrial revolution
There was just no telling him otherwise.

I quick look at wikki proves this wrong.

The period of time covered by the Industrial Revolution varies with different historians. Eric Hobsbawm held that it 'broke out' in the 1780s and was not fully felt until the 1830s or 1840s,[2] while T. S. Ashton held that it occurred roughly between 1760 and 1830.[3]

The effects spread throughout Western Europe and North America during the 19th century, eventually affecting most of the world. The impact of this change on society was enormous.[4]

The first Industrial Revolution merged into the Second Industrial Revolution around 1850, when technological and economic progress gained momentum with the development of steam-powered ships, railways, and later in the nineteenth century with the internal combustion engine and electrical power generation.

where as

In 1901, as Vice President, Roosevelt succeeded President William McKinley after McKinley's assassination.

So really, only off by a century or two! :roll:

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:03 pm

Teaching Math In 1950

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of
production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960

production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970

production is $80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In 1980

production is $80 and his profit is $20 Your assignment: Underline the
number 20.

Teaching Math In 1990

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and
inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the
preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of
$20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class
participation after answering the question: How did the birds and
squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong
answers.)

Teaching Math In 2006

Un ranchero vende una carreta de madera en $100. El costo de
la produccion era $80. Cuantas tortillas se puede comprar?
Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Postby Verman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:31 pm

Sr. ain't that about the truth. lol
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:53 pm

I thought Ahnuld signed that law that said no spanglish to be taught in school about 2 years ago? Don't tell me they are speaking Spanish on my tax dollars, Willy! NOooooooo!
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:25 pm

Postby Bib Fortuna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 pm

"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby HerrKutt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Postby smitty » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:38 pm

Postby Verman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:07 am

HerrKutt, I think you might have just opened up a can of whoop ass on yourself. lol
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby JAPDOGG » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:37 am

bahahahahahahah SR..nice!

Postby Bang Bang Shrimp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:55 am

http://americanhistory.about.com/librar ... indrev.htm

Yeah the industrial revolution started in 1776 evidently our industrial revolution happened right after decleration of independance according to this article

Either way i regard the Roosevelt eras as the most key period in the development of the modern USA .even. through the great depression progress was made at a greater rate then now days it seems.

Any ways Roosevelt is one of the top 3 presidents in history in my opinion hell he gave a 15 minute speech after being shot

Dont be too mad at my history info i work in food service lol History is just my hobby i read about the histories of most countries in my free time
Gators football champs 07 woohoo

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:36 am

Please read more about life during the Great Depression then.

Postby Bib Fortuna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:26 am

So I went and got some Fish tacos at this place I always get them... and wtf! They gave me flour tortillas instead of corn. Who the hell eats tacos with flower tortillas? Turns into a big soggy mess... is it white people? Do white people normally eat tacos with flour tortillas?

Very disappointed. :(
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Next

Return to The barracks