[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Secure your e-mail passwords.

Secure your e-mail passwords.

A place to shoot the breeze.

Secure your e-mail passwords.

Postby Emazing » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Spare no expense. Go with a massive string of letters and numbers. My e-mail got hacked into somehow, and they used it to hijack my Steam account, Webhost account, and Myspace account, and caused my PayPal account access to be limited by trying to change info on it. I've almost regained control of it all, I just need to get my webhost to restore to their last backup of my data, because the hacker put a stupid shell script on my domain and deleted some of my files.

It sucks.

Postby Fire Marshal » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:59 pm

Postby The Advent » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:51 pm

Postby whatthe » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:02 am

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:09 pm

If your steam account e-mail is no longer valid how are you gonna do confirming things if it ever gets jacked?

For most of my passwords I use a combination of two words and one string of 6 numbers I can remember. Then I split the words in half and insert all or part of the number string. Easier to remember.

I also use a greasemonkey script that takes the url domain and a master password you decide on and makes an md5 hash for example if I was to make a login for www.google.com with the master password as pwnd the md5 password would be...1306313b.

The greasemonkey script I use automatically uses the max password length a site has specified or you can set the length you want.

I only use this on certain sites like paypal, I also keep it on my portable firefox on my usb drive so I'm not sol if I am out and about.

Postby Verman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:34 pm

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby whatthe » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:06 am

Postby UW Ness » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:14 am

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:25 am

Gmail has since changed their password creation rules so a simple password like I have on one of my accounts isn't possible anymore.
That account doesn't hold any secrets so thats why I don't bother to change it's simpleness. My gmail account that holds the goods on the other hand has a alphanumeric password in the 20 character range.

Postby Emazing » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:23 pm

Return to The barracks