[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - AMD vs. Intel

AMD vs. Intel

A place to shoot the breeze.

AMD vs. Intel

Postby BulletSponge » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:15 pm

If you had your choice, would you go with AMD Dual Core or the INtel Core Duo?

I'm thinking of upgrading my P4 and the prices on AMD stuff is seemingly always cheaper than the Intel stuff....

Postby Brinkmen » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Intel all the way. I'd get a Core 2 Duo or maybe wait for the Core Quads. Sure they cost a little more, but they blow away anything AMD has at the moment. :D 8)

Postby whatthe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Postby Wile E Coyote » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:47 pm

click on the siggy to see all of Wile's DOD:S files

Postby Major Catastrophe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Postby whatthe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Postby DArkness » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 pm

Kaminazi: c’mon guys, how ****ing long does it take to catch on that darkness is knifing you every time you smoke to grab the flag

Postby Bobby » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby BulletSponge » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:56 pm

Sweet! Thanks guys. I've always done the Intel thing, but I've heard a few anecdotes that build up the AMD something fierce and if the cost was less, I figured maybe why not. But based on this info, looks like i'll be stayng with Intel.

I'll be happy to post when I get it ... and since I'm waiting till the end of summer, maybe the price war that WhatThe's article noted will generate enough marketing momentum to reap me some nice savings.

Postby MAULER » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:31 pm

Postby [spoon] » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:40 pm

Postby MAULER » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Postby Bobby » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 pm

Anybody else listen to classical pianists? I'm enjoying Mikhail Pletnev's
interpretation of Tchaikovsky's The Seasons. It's interesting to
compare Pletnev's style to that of Van Cliburn. Completely different
approaches.

Other favourite soloists are Magaloff, Ashkenazy, Moravec, and
Cherkassky. Who are your favourites?

Intel announced new Core 2 CPUs today, with faster 1.3 GHz buses (which
the Xeons have been using for a while.)

The E6750, with a 2.66 GHz clock, 4 MB cache and the faster bus has a
1K lot price of $183. It looks like a price / performance winner. I expect
retail prices to be high for a month or two as demand outstrips supply.

There's also an E6550, with a slower 2.33 clock but with the faster bus.
Its 1K lot price is $163, so it should retail around the same price as the
E6420 ($186), and give a performance boost.

-b

Postby Crud » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:43 am

Postby whatthe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:40 pm

Next

Return to The barracks