[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Formatting... NTLDR error.

Formatting... NTLDR error.

A place to shoot the breeze.

Formatting... NTLDR error.

Postby [spoon] » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:27 pm

So you formatted the HDD on one system and installed windows from that one also?
A no no unless they have the same mobo.

Like I said in another thread, at work we use hirens on all our reloads...first we run Seatools to test the motherboard, controllers, ram, and hard drive, then we use mbr work to reset the mbr to a standard code (4,3,5,2,e, is the order we use) before inserting the windows disk of choice.

What cd are you using?
OEM?
A dell cd in a non dell system?
A restore cd?

Postby whatthe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:28 pm

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... is+missing

Last time I had the NTLDR error message, I ended up reinstalling my OS. Then, the problem came back... eventually I traced it to a defective HD that finally was giving up on me after 4 years.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:41 pm

Postby [spoon] » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 pm

its an XP SP2 cd.
im getting that hirens cd and will try that.
the computer boots to freedos using the Asus disk that came with the mobo.
i used a amd 3000+ system to format the drive.
i then took the newly formatted drive placed it in my intel e6600, asus p35, system to install XP.

im gonna use the rommel technique :)

Postby Wile E Coyote » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:32 am

click on the siggy to see all of Wile's DOD:S files

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:23 pm

Hmmm, your right they don't have a download link there...
I just googled it, try

Postby [spoon] » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Postby Verman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:20 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby [spoon] » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:53 am

its really nice that all the software on that cd is free!
lots of good stuff :)

Return to The barracks