[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - oops Armed Nukes fly over US

oops Armed Nukes fly over US

A place to shoot the breeze.

oops Armed Nukes fly over US

Postby Bang Bang Shrimp » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 pm

Hahaha a B52 flew over several states over 3 hours armed with 6 nukes mounted outside the wing,The Airforce doesnt know why though. Someone just may lose their job for that one.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/nuclear-bo ... 0000000001
Gators football champs 07 woohoo

Postby UW Ness » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:51 pm

Yeah I read that in the paper today, amazing stuff. So many nukes floating around, they can't even keep track of the things anymore. Watch one accidentally detonate on US soil and the administration blame it on someone else, BAM!! World War III baby!!

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:05 pm

The nukes were not armed. Big difference, but big screw-up nonetheless.

Postby UW Ness » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:54 pm

Yeah I forgot to mention. Boy, if those were armed, you can bet there would be a shitstorm over this. Like real big.

Postby Bib Fortuna » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:41 pm

So the question I have is... why are we (The U.S.) raising such a stink about other countries developing Nukes when we have aircraft flying around with a full load of them?
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby whatthe » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 pm

Postby Verman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:49 am

I'm sure this has been going on for years. Just some jackass opened his mouth to the press. Now there is a big stink. If they have to move them I would rather it be by plane then any other mode of transpo. Also if not armed, it would take nothing less then an act of God for them to go off.

Before you make an uninformed comment learn how a nuc works.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:50 am

I'm not worried about a B-52 flying around with nukes, the crews are trained.

Postby whatthe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:01 am

The problem is, nukes are not allowed to be transported by air.

And the answer to my pop quiz (which no one seemed interested in):

CHINA!

Postby Bang Bang Shrimp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:37 am

It is true they supposedly can withstand a plane wreck so apparently we were safe.

Have you guys watched Whitelight,BlackRain. Its really horrible how the survivors of the Hiroshima bomb live.They are not even welcome in their own country and people just want them to just die and not have kids.

It will be a horrible day when one of those things detonates again.

I dont know squat about Nukes but it had to be pretty serious to notify the white house
Gators football champs 07 woohoo

Postby whatthe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:53 am

Postby [spoon] » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Postby whatthe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Read the article and it answers all of your questions.

The MISSLES were being decommissioned (being moved to another base for dismantling) and the nuclear warheads were not removed for some reason.

Postby [spoon] » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm

So whats the difference if the weapon is transported via air or track to be dismantled warhead or not. I dont know about stats down in the US for train derailments, but up here they are becoming more and more common and while people may not like the idea of nukes on planes, its by far the safest means of transport.
Maybe those heads outta get together and discuss the transport of weapons via air for safety reasons. Having them on the wings might not be such a bright idea, but stowed properly within a transport plane is much safer than any other options available.

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Nuclear weapons can perfectly be transported by air, and they are routinely - not under the wing of a bomber, but in a transport plane (C-17 or C-130). If I'm not mistaken it's been decades since a bomber was allowed to fly with nuclear weapons. The big issue here is the complete breakdown of the command and control over nuclear weapons. Damn right there's a big stink; it's kind of hard to screw up any bigger for those guys without potential loss of life.

Next

Return to The barracks