[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Rate DoD:Source

Rate DoD:Source

A place to shoot the breeze.

Rate DoD:Source 10=Greatest!, 0=SUCKS The Big One!

10-9 = Greatest Game Ever
8%
8-7 = Plays Pretty Good, I need some practice
38%
6-5 = Not Up To Prime Time, Needs Work
21%
4-3 = Doesn't Play To Good For Me, Need an Upgrade
17%
2-1 = Wish I Would Have Save My Hard Earned $$$
4%
0 = Sucks Big Time and Probable Won't Play It Again!
4%
-10 = DoD Old School Is Still The Best & Will Always Be The BEST!!
8%

Total votes : 24

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:37 pm

Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Fire Marshal » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:05 pm

Postby Mad Martigan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:02 pm

Last edited by Mad Martigan on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DArkness » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:05 pm

Kaminazi: c’mon guys, how ****ing long does it take to catch on that darkness is knifing you every time you smoke to grab the flag

Postby Bobby » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:32 am

I guess it's a shock when you're first exposed to it. You do get used to the
changes in play though, and I think it makes for a better game.

Some of the complaints as to the speed of the game, how it feels much
faster isn't helped by the 4 released maps - they're all smaller maps, and
they're non-stop flag rushing (not so much with donner, but the others are.)

The sprint time has increased, so that adds to the speed of the game.

More is coming though. If you peek inside the code, you'll see interesting
bits - like in the player_death event, there's a property called 'bleed'...
did the player die because of bleeding?

I've added to my dev punching collection... collect the whole set!

Lint is Robin Walker (TF guru,) Jess Cliffe is, ah, an impostor!

He stumbles on the one server packed with valve guys, and doesn't
even know it. =)

They had me in stitches... when molotov said "jess cliffe i listen to your
cs voice every night before i go to sleep", I couldn't stop laughing. =)

-b

Postby fodder » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:14 am

Overall, I'm quite impressed with DoD:S (having never played HL2 or CS:S). Sometimes, I'm enjoying the scenery so much that I get noobed a lot (Yes, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). My one main peeve, besides not being able to play well, is the unnatural movement of your teammates. Does anyone else hate that it feels like you're on a dance floor or skating rink and everyone moves the same?

I don't know about you but I can't side step as fast as I can run forward in a straight line.
__
-chris.

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:50 pm

Something is working better, my fps has more than doubled since last night :o woohoo. I've gone from 9 or 10 to around 20 to 25, except under heavy fire, then it drops back down to around 12. If I don't pay any attention to my fps, I can actually have a decent game. Man this thing sure seems sped up compared to DOD, fast and furious no doubt. You can really tell the difference when you go play DOD right after playing source, DOD seems so slow & easy by comparison. Now if they would release some more maps, it might start becoming enoyable.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:35 am

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:50 am

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:56 am

Postby Bib Fortuna » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:16 am

"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Major Catastrophe » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:05 am

Postby Bib Fortuna » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:19 pm

"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Bobby » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:01 pm

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:51 pm

Previous

Return to The barracks