[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Budget Gaming Rig?

Budget Gaming Rig?

A place to shoot the breeze.
Site Admin

Budget Gaming Rig?

Postby Hand of Doom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Postby UW Ness » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Check out , I just put together a nice computer myself. My budget was around $1000, you could shave some off with a cheaper case and video card, power supply too. That would put you right in your price range.

Mine's running everything I've thrown at it very well, despite some still occurring issues with random crashing during games. Pretty sure at this point though that it's either my video card or the ATI drivers. I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64, so far I have no regrets after upgrading from XP. Other than my iPhone's RDP program crashes on my comp when remote desktop is enabled... but yeah, so far I love it!

Postby leafsfan86 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 am

I've heard good things about the following three cases:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewProduc ... er%20scout Coolmaster Storm Scout

http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewProduc ... -_-Product Antec 900

http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewProduc ... -_-Product Antec 902 (on sale, whoo).

I just bought the Storm Scout...I'll be commenting on it once I actually get the thing up and running come Fridayish.

Idea for a decent, yet budget gaming card might be the ATI 5770. Basically a revamped ATI 4870, but 30% more power efficient and it comes with DX11.

I would also suggest upgrading from XP to Windows 7 64 bit (love love Windows 7...no crashes like Vista had!), especially if you want 6GB of RAM. I think XP, unless you have 64 bit, only recognizes up to 2GB.
More or less. Mostly less.

Postby Crazycarl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 am

2 Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822136320

$139.98

($69.99 ea)
1 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Retail
Item #: N82E16820231277

$93.99

1 LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
Item #: N82E16827106289

$23.99

1 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX - Retail
Item #: N82E16819103674

$165.99

1 ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813131398

$91.99

1 Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized 230mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ400G1N2Z Mid ... - Retail
Item #: N82E16811133074

$99.99

1 OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16817341022

$69.99

This is my game rig I put my 9800 gtx in it .

about $550 here plus doubling the ram and decent g-card and your under your budget

A card like this and double the ram if you really want 6 gigs and you don't need 2 of those HD's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814150447

The case is Nice but I got that Coolmaster storm for my wife and like it a little more as it is a little quieter .

I might have extra copy of 7 to hook yea up

Postby leafsfan86 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:56 pm

I can give feedback on some of those parts since I just did a near total upgrade (my UPS damaged case and motherboard finally died after two years).

Well, just booted up the Coolmaster and it's much quieter than my old case. I'd say about the noise level of a vent out of the floor.

I have the 5770 graphics card and the AMD 3.2 processor so I'll give feedback on those once I get Windows and the games reinstalled.
More or less. Mostly less.

Postby The Advent » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm buying a asus G72 from bestbuy tomorrow while I'm in Oregon. 1000 bucks flat, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive, windows 7, gtx 260, 17 inch screen. I was going to hold off and wait for the 73 to come out but they start at 1500 bucks. Its a nice gaming rig that you can pick up and go whenever you want to. I just need to get a mouse so I'm not touch padding it. You could look into a laptop doom.

From reviews on it, it will take just about any game you toss at it.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 pm

The asus laptop is great...it's basically my computer in laptop form, Empress has one and yeah...I want one lol.

Postby The Advent » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 pm

I will need a cooling pad, laptos running that fast will get hot hot hot! all I need is my internet! Gettin that Wednesday!

Re: Budget Gaming Rig?

Postby DArkness » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Kaminazi: c’mon guys, how ****ing long does it take to catch on that darkness is knifing you every time you smoke to grab the flag

Postby DOZER » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Postby whatthe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Postby Crazycarl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 am

Postby Coca-Cola » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:57 am

Postby Crazycarl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Postby DOZER » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm

The FRY's AD is in monday,wed,fri,sat and sun newspaper. i was on the dock lastnight and frys had some good deals going on. It never hurts to go in and right by the return area there is a wall with all the deals of that week and some deals run longer. the FRY's website is shit, go there on a day off and just walk around. its fun to see things in person and not just online all the time. Badd economy=good deals. :wink:

Next

Return to The barracks