[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - New Graphics Card, Suggestions please guys

New Graphics Card, Suggestions please guys

A place to shoot the breeze.

Postby Verman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:06 pm

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby DOZER » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Postby whatthe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Postby Joe Schmuck » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 am

Check out this site it shows the differences between some cards while playing BFBC2

Joe

Postby DOZER » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:36 am

Postby whatthe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

I should also add:

- why are they testing cards like the 295 & 285GTX? they're both EOL (End of Life) and basically no stock, since GF100 (480/470GTX) are coming next Friday.
- Same with Radeon R57xx and above, massive shortage issues across the board.
- More important for the remaining 90% of us is what screen you are running. If it's anything less than a 24" the high-end $200+ cards are overkill.

Postby DOZER » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Postby Verman » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:30 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby Cpt. Thompson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Ok guys so After installing the gtx 260 i have been having some problems.
First in games like MW2 I get huge fps drops and the game seems to run worse than my 9800gtx. Also on BC2 there is crazy colors every where in the sky and it wont go away.

I ran the 3dmark06 benchmark and scored around 8000 which is roughly 5000 less than with my 9800gtx.

The drivers are up to date....

running a 650 watt powersupply so that shouldn't be an issue
32bit vista with service pack 2

The card has had real problems starting up, just showing a green light on my monitor like it was fine and only showing a black screen

Postby DOZER » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:39 am

Postby Crazycarl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 am

Postby Cpt. Thompson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Postby Cpt. Thompson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Ok so with this new gtx260 my css and dods run great, 100fps+. l4d 2 also runs good

But when i play MW2 or BC2 the fps is extremely low and there is way to much lagg, more than my 9800gtx. I can barely play mw2 because the mouse speed is so shitty. The fps is like stuck at 30 or below, it wont go higher

Im gonna try an older driver see if that works...

Postby DOZER » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 am

Postby Cpt. Thompson » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The barracks