[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - US War Research Question

US War Research Question

A place to shoot the breeze.

US War Research Question

Postby Dedeye » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 am

Hello All,

As a hobby I trace the WW2 histories of all my relatives, luckily they are mostly Canadians.
I have been quite successful finding information on them.
(I currently have files on 7 different relatives, with possibly 2 more to start)

Now my problem.. I have a distant relative that was in the US army during WW2,
all I know is his name and serial number, and I believe he was in the engineers involved in the Alaska Highway.

I know a few of you are/were in the US military, so I thought some of you may be able to help me.

Can any of you suggest websites or such (military or otherwise) where I can find information on his career?
Or the proper US military website to apply for information?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Das Schlachtfeld ist mein Haus.

Postby Joe Schmuck » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:24 pm

There use to be sites for locators but i think that they have taken them down due to security issues (wartime).
There is a website called military.com that has a locator. Im not too sure how good it is or if you have to be a member but its a start. If you know what service he was in, most branches tell you on their website how you can write and ask for info on old soldiers or sailors.

Joe Schmuck
AT1 USNR-R (TAR)
1974 - 1994

Troll

Postby Rommel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Info on use and such

Postby Mad Martigan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Postby Joe Schmuck » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 am

Yeah, only I do GSE know on C-40. Go figure.
I mainly worked O level, but did do tech work after I retired for several years then moved to Jax and the company I was with didn't have any tech jobs here so became a GSE mech.

Joe

Postby Dedeye » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 am

Das Schlachtfeld ist mein Haus.

Return to The barracks