[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - 20-25 "most important" games list

20-25 "most important" games list

A place to shoot the breeze.

20-25 "most important" games list

Postby whatthe » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you can help me out with some research.

I'm starting a new position within MSI, managing VGA marketing programs, and also will help assist with motherboard marketing and product planning. I need a list of 20-25 important PC games that you feel are important.

To narrow down the scope of the question: these should be games where framerates and picture quality become important factors as you turn up the game quality and resolution settings. Games such as Metro 2033, Crysis (2), etc.

Reason why I ask? We're working with Lucid to improve the drivers for their Hydra chip (http://www.lucidlogix.com/products_hydra200.html) and I'm trying to compile a list of games that we want them to improve driver performance on. Currently MSI is the only board partner that provides this solution in the world, and we're expanding this into an AMD-based board starting in August that will allow SLI configuration to be run on an AMD chipset board.

Much appreciation for any help/feedback, and in return I will hook you guys up (later) with some gear.

Thanks!

-alex/WT

Postby Spud » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:08 pm

For me i play:

1) Bad company 2
2) Dragons age
3) just started playing the dawn of war series
4) Company of heroes
5) And basically any of the newer mmo's that let you choose the hires skins.

6) PS i forgot the mass effect series!
Last edited by Spud on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby UW Ness » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:00 am

Well here is my list:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Borderlands
TF2 (I guess)
Starcraft 2 (probably)
Unreal Tournament 3
Crysis
DiRT 2
Bioshock 2

Those are the games I have (or will get for SC2) that I would expect to get real pretty when turned up all the way. They don't need much attention, but any of the Source games I guess if those aren't enough. Good luck man!
Last edited by UW Ness on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bib Fortuna » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:57 am

TF2
Bad Company 2
Borderlands
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby DOZER » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:18 pm

any game not launched from a browser. :roll:

Postby Pvt_Go » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:46 am

"In peace sons bury their fathers; in war fathers bury their sons..."

Postby [spoon] » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 am

Postby General_Mayham » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Return to The barracks