[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Golden Wrench destruction fundraiser

Golden Wrench destruction fundraiser

A place to shoot the breeze.

Golden Wrench destruction fundraiser

Postby UW Ness » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Apparently I have been neglecting my TF2 playing and news, I guess Valve recently randomly* gave out a golden wrench to like 100 TF2 players, I don't really know why, just for there to be a super rare item or something. Anyway, I guess a bunch of players got mad about the whole thing or whatever, so a few people decided to destroy their rare item, but also decided to make a fundraiser out of it for the Child's Play charity.

You can read about it on the TF2 blog , and apparently if you donate you get a spot in a special Steam group. Kinda cool, I'll make a little contribution.

The current total of wrenches to be destroyed is 11, and it'll happen on the 31st of this month. Make a donation before then to get a nice slot in the Steam group and help out the fundraiser! Check the website, you gotta send in an email with a link to your Steam profile to get a spot in the group. If you care about it (I do :) ).

Postby Bib Fortuna » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:51 am

I tried getting one of these wrenches when it was going on. It was dropped randomly while you were crafting materials to setup the Engineer update. Every 25 wrenches that dropped more news about the update came out.

Anyway, yes these things are rare. About a week ago I was on a server and saw one of these things in action. When you kill someone with it, it turns the victim into a golden statue. I begged the guy to kill me with it, since I'd probably never see one again. Was hilarious... everyone was asking him to kill them with it, he was surrounded by a pile of golden statues.
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby DOZER » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:27 am

IDLE server FTW! 8)

Return to The barracks