[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - 360 or PS3

360 or PS3

A place to shoot the breeze.

360 or PS3

Postby [spoon] » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:03 pm

I have enough Airmiles to get one... I'm leaning towards PS3 (mainly cause I got no blu-ray and sooner or later GT5 will come I hear November) and can't most of my friends has PS3 or both. Aside from Halo why 360? Any other reasons I should get one over the other?

Postby Pvt_Go » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:43 am

hmm flip a coin?
"In peace sons bury their fathers; in war fathers bury their sons..."

Postby The Advent » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:06 am

Halo = Over rated game play for the money spent on the game.

As stated, you don't have a blu ray player so that's a plus right there. Built in wifi with the ps3 is a plus, though now at least the 360 has it on the slims. Free online play (and from experience, it's reliable). Most games are now multi-platform so there will be very little games just going to one system.

For a little more money, go with the ps3.

Postby Joe Schmuck » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:46 am

Having both, I think that the 360 has one dis-advantage and that's that it doesn't have the blu-ray. It is a true multi-media appliance (except the blu-ray).
If you have netflix or zune it is great. It works great with windows media center and media player.
The PS3 will not use media center. You have to use another media sever software. It will see your files on the PC but you can't play them.
As far as Halo, PS3 has Gears of War, which is great. BFBC2 plays great on both, as does CODMW2.
If the 360 slim now has built in wi-fi, that is a nice thing. I had to buy a game adapter and a small hub (for the 360, blu-ray player, tv)
when I bought mine. I think that the wi-fi on the PS3 is G. Thats why I bought the game adapter, it's an N. Better Netflix (HD) and streaming.
I like my 360. I like my PS3. I really can't say one over the other.
The PS3 is easier to justify having in the living room with the blu-ray unless like me you like to stream media files. If you already have blu-ray, than the 360 is good in the living room.

Joe

Sorry that this was so long, just my opinion.

Postby UW Ness » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:58 am

PS3 is awesome for multimedia stuff, Blu-Ray for sure and then its pretty easy to stream other files from your computer. Actually at work yesterday, I was checking out top x best Xbox 360 games looking for Xbox exclusive games that I might have to pick up, and all the games I was coming across I could get for either PS3 or PC anyway. There's a bunch of a PS3 exclusive games that are good or coming out (like GT5), so I would definitely say go for the PS3. Blu-Ray and a good number of good exclusive games.

Postby Mad Martigan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:18 am

Find a game that you want, and go toward that. The next GT? There you go. PS3. I could type out a whole huge post weighing each consoles pros and cons but really, in the end, it's about what games you want first.

....also the cracking community for the PS3 is highly creative and aggressive. Other console emulators on my PS3? Yes please.

Postby The Advent » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:50 am

You don't need media server software or anything for the ps3, at least with windows 7. You just have to set permissions for it, then you can stream. Or if you torrent with Vuze, that has a media server option for ps3's that don't need permissions.

Postby Spud » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:23 pm

PS3

I have both. Have not turned on the xbox in a year and use the ps3 almost every day.

Postby Crud » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 pm

PS3 is my vote... Easy to update HD, which I did, I now have a 350GB HD in it.

Really pissed at Sony right now though for taking the "Other OS" away on the last update.
I have Ubuntu (for the PS3) on it, which is great for surfing and other things.
They are currently being sued for this, hope to be back online if they win.
Going to take a while though.
You will not have to worry about this as to you will have a newer model without the feature.
PS3 is still the shizzle, just a small road bump for me right now.

Also the new update has 3D if you ever want that... nice...
:?

Postby The Advent » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Postby Corny Brooks » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:27 am

ImageImage

Postby Crud » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Postby Spud » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Postby Crud » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:33 pm

You lucky duck, always wanted one of the old ones, but was to late to the game... sigh...

This looks .
If this happens I my just hack the hell out of it, never really cared to till now.
:?

Postby Mad Martigan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 am

Next

Return to The barracks