[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Hey Peeps - Beta Testing soon on a source mod

Hey Peeps - Beta Testing soon on a source mod

A place to shoot the breeze.

Hey Peeps - Beta Testing soon on a source mod

Postby [REGS]_Ese » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Hello PoW !

Over the course of the summer I started working on a source mod called "Star Wars: The New Era". I've talked to Spud, Moto, Ness and a few others about this already.

We are closing in fast on near beta quality and will eventually be looking for beta testers. We have a super sweet 32 man server provided to us by the gentleman over Be Good - Be Gone.

I just wanted to hop on here and gauge anyone's interest in participating. I know most of you, and know you guys have good taste in games. Since starting I'm pretty much dev lead at this point, and I've included a few features from dod:s that many of you would be instantly familiar with, such as weapon overheating and rocket shouldering.

Right now, our focus is on our core 4 classes that will comprise the shooter aspect of our game. At the time, they are mirrored but will eventually have unique weapon characteristics amongst the 4 factions.

This coming saturday, we are inviting our first small group of testers, and eventually will start expanding the number of guys so we can reach 32 man playtest and see how we can not only break the the game but improve it in the mean-time with feedback from our testers. Since our dev team is around 16 guys comprising of Europeans and Americans, the time-zones sometimes make it difficult to have a large play test. We'll hopefully be expanding a few people at a time every week so we can see how our game mechanics hold up.

We'll be using a system called "Redmine" a small web page which will allow beta testers to report bugs, and more importantly, make feature requests directly to the team with only a few clicks on a drop down menu.

Beta testing will start on 12:00 pm noon, PST, every Saturday. Those who know they can attend every week and are interested in the project are most encouraged to drop me a line on steam and/or reply here. I encourage you to say hello on steam as I am fairly busy with a million things. You can find me on the POW Regs & POW official steam groups, as well as through some mutual friends like Moto and Spud.

To make it clear, the invite is to the whole clan, but we are only interested at the time in those that know they can be there every week on a consistent basis. Head counts are the most important factor. Those interested in helping our mod out and helping shape a very fun game into 'the perfect source mod' are most welcome.

Once we get near release the beta will become fairly open to those who cant attend regularly scheduled play tests.

System specs are that of DoD:S and TF2. Hard Drive space required is pretty hefty, around 5-6gb for the developer version. It will be distributed via a 3rd party program that allows you to update the game by simply right-clicking the main directory folder and selecting update from its context menu.

Thanks,

Patrick aka Ese / Watchtower

Postby Village Idiot » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Between anarchy and calm, there is a door marked supplies.

Postby Verman » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:20 pm

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby [REGS]_Ese » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Postby UW Ness » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Postby xKaMIkaZex » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 am

Return to The barracks