[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Crap!!!

Crap!!!

A place to shoot the breeze.

Crap!!!

Postby Crud » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Just got the RED light of death on my PS3.... :cry:

Going to try and fix it myself (out of warranty)...
:shock:

Postby The Advent » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:49 pm

It's what you get for not updating your system!!!

Postby Crud » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:11 am

LOL.. ya riiiight!

Well I have 3 options....

1. Do it myself.
Watched the vids on Utube and could do it. Might work or not.

2. Pay someone here $30-$60 (may/may not work)
or
3. Pay around $170 and send it in to Sony and get a refurbished one back (1-4 weeks?)....

Hmmmmm??????
:?

Postby Pvt_Go » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:37 am

flip a coin. try your local fixer uppers first :(
"In peace sons bury their fathers; in war fathers bury their sons..."

Postby Mad Martigan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Crap!

My desktop's graphics card finally died! I was playing the finally of FO3 and it just gave up and dumped me to a blue screen. Safe mode still works, and if i don't have video drivers installed it works, but otherwise it blue screens.

Now tomorrow i have, maybe, 7 hours in Oahu to acquire a new card or an off the shelf desktop replacement laptop. Should be interesting especially since i have no car and i hear there's gonna be a big ol' storm.

As a side note, I pulled out the card to see if our 2M guy could fix it and it smells kinda like pancakes now.

Postby Crud » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Well I went for Option 4!!!

Buy an open box new PS3 160 gig, although I have the 250 gig still from the old one that I installed.
Unfortunately it will not boot it.... sigh.
Have an old USB back up from 2008, ugg....

Going to try that on the 160 gig then back that up. Then hopefully install the old bigger HD and update that one...

Have a friend in town that wants my old PS3 and going to try and have one of the locals fix it.
If they don't buy it off me for cheap then I'll try a local fix and sell it off...

Went through the motions this morning with Sony for a repair, but now not going to bother. Would of cost $170.
Got the new PS3 for just over $200, no brainer really, but damn...... always bad timing with X-mas and all.... :(

Sorry to hear your vid card troubles
Mad...

Postby Crud » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Well the old back up I had didn't really work.
Either not much on it or didn't work.
Having to redo everything, lost all saves.. sigh...
:(

Postby Pvt_Go » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 am

i feel ya Crud. the saves are the most important
"In peace sons bury their fathers; in war fathers bury their sons..."

Postby Mad Martigan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 am

Postby Crud » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Return to The barracks