[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Purchasing Gifts on steam

Purchasing Gifts on steam

A place to shoot the breeze.

Purchasing Gifts on steam

Postby DArkness » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Thought this might help after the problems I had.

Subject Cannot purchase gift for friend
Category Purchases and Payment > Credit card

This Question's Message(s)
1 Message by you on Thu, 23rd Dec 2010 10:47 am
When I try to purchase a game for a friend my credit card is declined but I
can purchase for myself with no problem.Both of my credit cards and the
wallet will not let me purchase for a friend. Both cards have almost nothing
on them, so insufficient funds is not an issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Message by Support Tech on Thu, 23rd Dec 2010 2:40 pm
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Are you attempting to make the purchase through Steam or with a web
browser using the storefront webpage?

If using Steam, try the following:

If using a PC
-Exit Steam, then go to the location that Steam is installed to. By default
this is C:\Program Files\Steam directory (this is the default with a Steam
installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to
browse to it).
-Delete all of the files except for:
Steam.exe
And the folder \SteamApps\

If using a Mac:
-Exit Steam and go to the folder Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam
-Delete all of the files in this folder except for SteamApps.

Restart your computer and test the issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue still persists, try using a web browser (Internet Explorer 7 or
higher on PC, or Safari if on a Mac) to make the purchase using
http://store.steampowered.com/

If it still fails, try logging into your Steam account and making the purchase directly through the Store interface.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.
Kaminazi: c’mon guys, how ****ing long does it take to catch on that darkness is knifing you every time you smoke to grab the flag

Postby General_Mayham » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I wanted to pick up BFBC2 and the Viet Nam pack for Herr Kutt and couldn't. Seems like Steam won't let you purchase Viet Nam pack for a friend. I finally took it off and VOILA bfbc2 went right through. Steam's support didn't elaborate just said couldn't gift Viet Nam. If you have the games steam won't let you gift anything as long as Viet Nam pack is on the order.

GM

Postby Bib Fortuna » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm

I just add funds to my steam wallet and it seems to work just fine.
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Verman » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Just ordered W@W for me and gifted Jr. through steam, no problem.

BFBC2 & Vietnam, I ordered through our EA accounts. Just seemed to be the way to go at the time.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Return to The barracks