[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - New lappy

New lappy

A place to shoot the breeze.

New lappy

Postby Verman » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:52 pm

I finally broke down and bought a laptop. It's just too damn hot in the compter room and the living room is not much better. Anyway i've got AC in the bedroom, but no A/V except a clock radio. Said screw it, and went to costco and bought a HP Pavilian dv6-6153cl.

Win7
i7-2630QM 2g
8g ddr3 ram
750 hd
ati 6770M
15.6" screen (but I've got AC now :) )

Have not played any real games on it yet. But for what I have used it for, it works.

The only real bad thing is the battery life. It just sucks.

Anyway, what's everyone else been up too?
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby Coca-Cola » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:21 pm

its faster than my pc by generations.. :cry:
I Like Farts. -Marle

Postby Mad Martigan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:18 pm

I finally got off my ass and bought another laptop too.

It's one of the ASUS Republic of Gamers laptops.

something like 12 gigs of ram, Geforce 570M graphics card, 750x2 hard drives, 17" screen at 1920x1080, and some i7 at 2ghz and i think it jumps to 2.7 or 2.8.

Postby UW Ness » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Nothing much here on my end as far as computers go, about to work on getting Marle a desktop that will run current games well though, figured out a decent setup for around $600 that should do the trick for a while.

Looking forward to some upcoming games, anybody else gonna be picking up Dungeon Defenders or Torchlight 2? Definitely gonna be playing those and they're both co-op so that should be nice if other people will be playing too. Waiting to see reviews for Red Orchestra 2 since I didn't care much for the first one, and already pre-ordered Hard Reset, looking forward to that one this week.

Just had PAX a weekend or two ago, I know some of you are too far away or have too many obligations to be able to make it, but I can't believe that nobody else was there!!!! It's so much fun, got a bunch of awesome T-shirts (most of them free), a free copy of Borderlands 2 when it launches, CS:GO beta invite... not to mention checking out all sorts of upcoming games and going to some cool panels. Some of you chumps better make it next year, it's a real blast and you're all missing out!

Postby DOZER » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:18 am

that laptop should do verm 8) As for ness its hard for me to goto any thing ...any free time i have is with the fam but i will deff. be playing torchlight2. ive had DD's on my wishlist since i saw it but the big killer is gonna be diablo 3 im hoping thats gonna tear me away from tf2 trading. :D

but they made a new counter strike so if they even play on a new dod im there 4sure. its just not the same to game when u dont know alot of ppl on the servers kinda miss the vent/all-talk days or atleast when we all played a game that was the same. guess ill re-send the invites and see what ppl are doing. :wink:

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:43 pm

wut is this shit?

Postby Mad Martigan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Postby Verman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 pm

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby UW Ness » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Postby Bib Fortuna » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:30 am

Played some DoD Source the other night for the first time in over a year. Was on a server for about 15 minutes and I was the leader of the scoreboard.

Was funny, I forgot you could prone and sprint and played half of the game without doing it until I realized you could. It all started coming back to me and soon enough I was punching dudes out and they were cursing me left and right.

Good times.

Oh and so far I love San Francisco.
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby DOZER » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 am

Return to The barracks