[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Sad PC! :-(

Sad PC! :-(

A place to shoot the breeze.

Postby Crud » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:39 pm

If it comes down to having to replace the video card was thinking of

Still don't have any advice here...
What do you think? Is it the card? Is this a good one to get?
:?

Postby UW Ness » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Hard to say man, could be the motherboard as well... I had a bunch of issues with my comp when I first put it together and thought it was the video card, but it was the mobo the whole time... Do you have another card you could install and try out just to see if it is the card? Or could always buy one somewhere that has a return policy, and if the new card still has problems then you'd know...

Postby Crud » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Ya thought of that too, thanks.... sigh.
Talked to the ncix guy and we both are pretty sure it's the vid card.
So I got the one I posted above and I will put it in this evening...
The old 8800 was getting long in the tooth anyway... Fingers crossed.
:?

Postby Crud » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 am

Well that was it, the video card packed it in.... never had a video card die on me!
Sure like the new one though! :D
Now my CPU is my weakest link in this comp.... Sigh....
It's a 775 socket motherboard though, so not much more room for improvement.
Hmmm???
:roll:

Postby Coca-Cola » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:13 pm

yeah, I seemed to have killed my video card when I cleaned out my pc gonna try to rma it or just put in my 7600gt
I Like Farts. -Marle

Postby Verman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Crud, glad to here you found the problem.

I pulled the 250 card out of the kids sys. and put in a 560 ti. It seems to be a pretty good card. Also, pulled the 2-9800 gtx's out of mine and put in a 560 ti 2win card. We both have the same issue you have, socket 775. We are both running E8400 cpu's and 8gig's ram. They play BF3 ok. I'm hope'n they last a couple of more years.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby General_Mayham » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 am

Hey Crud,

The BFG 8800GT video cards really rocked when they worked but tended to blow out early. Mine went out just as the company was going bust and, after several weeks in on an RMA I got the old card back with a note that said. "Sorry but we can't get repair parts. You have several bad sectors on your video chip ..."

Your 560Ti should be a great card.

I'm still waiting for the new 600 series to come out and playing LFD2 and BFBC2 with the on chip video. It works pretty good, but won't touch BF3 though.

Good that you are back up and running.

GM

Postby Crud » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks all now looking at getting a better CPU... for my 775 socket.... :roll:

Oh and the card came with BF3 for free!
:D

... hmmm looks like not doable.
Seems people want to sell these chips used for insane amounts of money!!! People pay that much for them?
Why not just buy a new motherboard, Ram and CPU? Could for that much, WOW!
:shock:

Postby Verman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:31 pm

George Carlin

Postby Crud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Well the fastest or close to fastest in that socket, either a Core 2 Extreme or
Intel Core 2 Quad? To bad my motherboard can't do a Xeon...
:?:

Postby Verman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Extreme is right. At least the price is. I would not buy a used one. Never know what torcher it has been through. And for the cost of a new one you could build a better setup. If you feel the need to boost up a little for now, and should last a few more years (I hope). I'd go with an E8400 and clock it up. Mine and the kids are not clocked and work rather well on BF3. Down the road if we need to, I can always clock up the systems. Just don't feel the need right now.

George Carlin

Postby Crud » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 pm

I'll look into the E8400.
The reason for used is most of these cpu are discontinued, well as far as getting a hold of a new one.
I have a Core 2 Duo E4700 and have clocked it to 3.4. ;-)
Plays BF3 fine..... but would like to up it a bit.
:wink:

Postby Crud » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:41 pm

Well that CPU is not easy to get a hold of...... discontinued as well.
A few places seem to have it, but still hard to get....
I gather I would have to get new RAM as well.... hmm?

Postby Verman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:08 pm

George Carlin

Postby [spoon] » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 am

Next

Return to The barracks