PAX Prime 2012 (SOLD OUT)

A place to shoot the breeze.

PAX Prime 2012 (SOLD OUT)

Postby UW Ness » Wed May 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Anyone else fucking going this year??? You are all missing out on such a good time! It's been me and Marle every time except when Unsprung was working there in 2010 and Humanoid went for a day. So far this year it's gonna be me, Marle, Antipunk, and S1080 and his woman should be going too. Sounds like Unsprung and MSI will be there also! It's a ton of fun, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to enter a team into a TF2 tourney or something, even if it was just the 4 of us and snag a couple stragglers. There's other tourneys also, they usually have L4D2, Starcraft, who knows what else. Wouldn't be surprised if they had LoL or something this time, plus they have console stuff too. The tourneys are usually after the show floor closes, so lots of time to still do everything else.

Anyway, it's August 31 thru September 2, 3 day passes are $65 and single day passes are $35, totally worth the 3 day pass price. You'd be hard pressed to check out all the stuff in one day. They sell out pretty fast though so buy a ticket soon if you're going to go! It probably wouldn't be like the LAN parties where we all are hanging out in a group, there's so much to see and people have different tastes, but it'd be cool to have a meetup or something, maybe do some tourneys or at least get lunch or dinner or something.

Go buy a ticket!

http://prime.paxsite.com/
Last edited by UW Ness on Thu May 03, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mad Martigan » Wed May 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Not gonna make it this year, but probably next year.

Postby Coca-Cola » Thu May 03, 2012 2:21 am

its in seattle right, then i'll never make it
I Like Farts. -Marle

Postby UW Ness » Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 am

3 day passes are sold out in less than a day, holy shit. Single day passes are still available but probably for not much longer, better jump on it if you want to go!

Postby Mad Martigan » Thu May 03, 2012 7:25 pm

lol, there are cocksuckers trying to sell PAX 3 day passes for $300 on Ebay. I wish you could report people for shit like that.

Postby UW Ness » Thu May 03, 2012 7:50 pm

PAX completely sold out in like 24 hours, fucking ridiculous. And yeah people selling passes and shit on ebay... the same people have multiple listings up for various passes and have multiple of each, asshole mother fuckers. And if you look at their ebay history, a lot of them did the same sort of shit for PAX East. Fucking scalpers, I wish that ebay wouldn't allow ticket resale, and that PAX did more to try and prevent it. So many people wanted to go to Pax that not everyone will be able to, but better than random dipshits making huge profit for nothing.

I actually looked and ebay allows this shit, I would have taken time out of my day to report all the listings if they didn't... mother fuckers.

Well, looks like it's gonna be me, Marle, Antipunk, S1080 for a day, and possibly Unsprung. Will be lots of fun, the rest of you schmucks are missing out! If you are wanting to go next year, you better follow PAX on twitter or watch their website after PAX East is over for when tickets are going to go on sale, and buy them right when they go on sale. They sold out this year in 24 hours, compared last year to 22 days for 3 day passes and 40-something for day passes, I bet they'll go faster next year.

Postby The Advent » Thu May 03, 2012 11:14 pm

The prices will drop soon on ebay and local buy and sell places like CL.

Unless you have money to just wipe your ass with, I doubt many at all would buy the tickets at 300.

Postby UW Ness » Thu May 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Yeah I bet they'll even out, people buying them for that price right now is just a kneejerk... Still ridiculous though. And some people are buying them, some of the ebay listings say when the seller has already sold a few badges. Besides I don't think you can file a claim against a seller if it has been over 45 days since you paid for the item, and they don't actually mail out passes until 2 weeks before PAX, you're just asking to get shafted if you buy one now on ebay. It's all scalpers too, at least down the road closer to PAX you'd probably be buying from people who legitimately were planning on going and for some reason can't, and aren't trying to make a profit.

Best bet is probably to wait until people actually have passes in hand before buying.

Postby Crud » Fri May 04, 2012 9:14 pm

I wish.... :|

Return to The barracks