[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - What do you use to stream?

What do you use to stream?

A place to shoot the breeze.

What do you use to stream?

Postby DOZER » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Right now ive only got netflix going. I have the wiiU upstairs and I want to get a roku for the bedroom. Between the tv's, the iphones, and the ipad im pretty much covered for things to watch stuff on but im wondering is there anything out there better than netflix thats worth paying for? I need a huge selection and netflix doesnt seem to have alot when I do a search.....so what else is out there for MOVIES? Im not a big TV show guy, last time I gave a damm about TV X-files was on. :shock: I almost signed up for amazon prime today but thought maybe I will ask yall 1st. :wink:

Re: What do you use to stream?

Postby The Advent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:59 pm

I use prime, I have it on my Kindle, WiiU, and my PS3. I like it, though it's kinda like Netflix. A lot of content, but it's a lot of junk. I just like that I get free shipping on items when I use amazon. The stream was just an added benny.

Postby xKaMIkaZex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm

I use netflix and hulu plus. Of course hulu is more tv stuff. I thought about signing up for amazon prime but from what I can tell their selection seems like a lot of fluff. One thing I have heard about lately is a possible streaming service coming from the Redbox people with a subscription fee about the same as netflix or hulu. Depending on what kind of content rights they get it could be interesting.

Postby Mantis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:07 pm

I stream using my Panasonic Blu-ray player or computer. I have a Netlfix account and VUDU. VUDU is a pay as
you go for rental or purchase and you generally get a free rental when you sign up on each streaming device that
supports VUDU.

They're currently having a special where you sign up and get 10 free movies to own.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-57560 ... -for-vudu/

http://www.vudu.com/

http://www.vudu.com/setup_roku.html

I would recommend a Blu-ray player with streaming. Prices are really good and now include
Wifi. Video quality is very good at 1080p on VUDU.

Postby xKaMIkaZex » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm

I don't know about you but I have one of the really old roku devices and VUDU won't work on it. It works on the newer generations i know though. Think when i was reading about it the reasoning was something with the old versions of roku not supporting the right sound type or some shit like that.

Postby UW Ness » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Torrents yo!! But we might end up getting Netflix sometime just to have random stuff to watch...

Postby Verman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 am

Netflix like the rest and Vudu for more newer movies. Netflix works out pretty good for TravyG. He can watch show on his TV (internet cap.) or on his Nexus 7. I stream either through my B-R player or lappy.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby DOZER » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 pm

got the roku2 xs i guess the other 2 modles were s-video meh. and from the looks of things netflix seems to be the winner. vudu looked cool but i dont want to pay for shit right now also crackle is free but the selection blows goats i just wish netflix had more movies to choose from. amazon prime looks good but seems the same as netflix with maybe a few more movies to choose from but not much. i guess you have to search on netflix for it to show you more movies that wouldnt just pop up in a random title scroll. I guess im to picky when it comes to movies i wanna see. I alwasy look for some shit i saw when i was a kid and its never anywhere to be found. :( I might just start watching youtube movies that ppl DL seems thats the only way to find old shit. 8)

Postby Mantis » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Postby DOZER » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 am

[quote="Mantis"]New Roku 3 just announced.

well.............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKJolS9Atg

Return to The barracks