[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

A place to shoot the breeze.

68%
32%

Total votes : 31

Postby Promenin » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:33 am

Postby Col_Sanders » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:52 am

Postby Verman » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:15 am

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 am

Postby Defpotec » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:02 pm

Postby JonnyDangerously » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:51 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:43 pm

Looks like Christmas wins this year...Wal-Mart is gonna be Christmas central.

Postby Bib Fortuna » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:19 pm

Next time make a choice for Other. I am boycotting Christmas/Holidays this year. :P
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Quisp » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:29 pm

ah that was last year, trolling bring a dead topic back in to just emmm troll.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:31 pm

Well I was searching for another topic in relation to lil gennie's new post with the Christmas lights and ran across this one.

Postby Verman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:15 am

I for one am glad x-mas is back. People can call it what they want but it is still the chrismas holidays. If it was not for the birth of Jesus we would have to work on the 25th. And there would have never been a winter holiday. So take that you commie's. :twisted: Besides I only get 5 holidays a year and it really pisses me off when someone tries and take one away. How pissed are you going to be when some foreigner say's we can know longer celibrate the 4th of July, because it is not part of there culture? I want Easter back too.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby Dedeye » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:11 pm

Wow, crazy thread Quisp.

Rommel, thanks for bringing back a dead thread. :wink:

As for the issue, the USA is a melting pot culture (I use culture lightly),
as you add more immigrants (thats how you spell it), the religious
concentration will eventually diminish and *poof* US won't be Christian
dominated. Canada is a "mosaic" where all immigrants can worship
whoever and whereever they want. (We still have asshat Christians here too)

That idea about a wall around USA...hmmm....I like it, just one thing,
fill it with water and its perfect. :shock: :D

Quisp,

Merry Christmas!
Das Schlachtfeld ist mein Haus.

Postby Verman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:45 pm

Dedeye, I believe he spelt it the way he ment it.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby Kanadian » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:00 pm

I'm an Athiest but I'll be saying Merry Christmas till the end. I simply don't understand some people. It's a name. Yes, it has the word Christ in it. Yes, it is technically a holiday to celebrate the birth of Jesus. However, I myself hardly know anyone who celebrates Christmas due to Jesus. Hallmark and other companies have just turned it into another money making holiday. People should not get upset over it being named after someone or something Christian.

Although, people can call it whatever they want. This has nothing to do which what country someone is in, but it's more than likely going to be called what ever the majority is. I get cards every year saying everything from Happy Hannukah to Happy Kwanzaa. It's whatever you want it to be. You celebrate it for whatever reasons you want. So leave it alone and let people call it what they want.

Postby Dedeye » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:59 pm

Das Schlachtfeld ist mein Haus.

PreviousNext

Return to The barracks