[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Swearing on server... regs included.

Swearing on server... regs included.

Report problem players here. Please include Steam ID when posting.

Swearing on server... regs included.

Postby whatthe » Sun May 27, 2007 12:40 am

Postby Ataraxia Enmity » Sun May 27, 2007 3:01 am

Postby RiBBeD » Sun May 27, 2007 3:58 am

Just try to be careful with the language in the server please...we all do make mistakes from time to time..no one is perfect. As for regulars gettin on the mic and ridiculing others...you should know better and keep quiet. Just play the game and let whoever is gettin out of hand dig their own hole to be buried in...they would be dealt with eventually. As for others helping out enforcing the rules to make it a better place to play..*applauds*..I like that a lot. I'm sure others in the clan would agree with me as well on that issue. Remember, if yer gonna test the waters with both feet guys..watch out for sharks.
Killing is my business..and business is good.

Postby Verman » Sun May 27, 2007 4:30 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby TrappAKeepA » Sun May 27, 2007 8:30 am

First off, I pity you whatthe ... I really do. Your like a child at the school yard play ground who tells everyone what to do. When they don't listen to you, you go running to the nearest authority figure.

For clarification my part in this was actually referencing a conversation earlier in the same map. We were talking about monetary status and as a joke I said that I had more money than everyone. This Oregon guy said that he owned me. I asked him how much did he pay for me and did he have the pink slip. I never once "questioned" the server rules. I never intentionally curse and when I do, its no more than the POW members themselves.

There was no constant cursing. There was no out of control tk'ing / tw'ing. There was a couple of F bombs dropped, but that was all. No one said anything or mentioned being upset at the conversations over the mic, even beyond the limited curseing. Out of the blue, whatthe starts in with his "Your gonna get banned!" threats. Had he approached it in a calm manner without this waiving fist of falsified power, then most parties "involved" in this "anarchist" like behavior would have moved on accordingly.

I think this has gotten out of control. If you want to make accusations about others, show the screen shots / demo's or stfu and game on. The fact that you bring your sad "they mocked me" tale of woe based on the fact that your child like attempt at controlling the situation failed miserably makes me wonder at the level of players I'm truly dealing with.

The fact that you are directing this whole event at me is comical. If teams are uneven I even them. When I join I always join the losing team. When I tk I apologize and when I'm tk'd, no matter how dumb the act was, I forgive. This is more than I can say I've seen from many regs and some members as well. Am I high and mighty? Hell no. Do I enjoy a fair game? You bet your ass I do. So when I'm late night gaming and the worste of my worries are a few curse words as opposed to a handful of tk'ers with no admin around, then I'm pretty fucking fortunate.
There is worse pain than yours ...

Postby Quisp » Sun May 27, 2007 9:35 am

All I will say on this is that sometimes the swear words slip from time to
time and thats not a big deal. Regs and POWs for the most part try and
watch what they say and I would expect the same wether a POW/admin
is on or not. This is what keeps the peace on the server and we all know
once a person gets singled out things can go down hill rather fast.

As an admin certain rules like swearing and how it is dealt with are at the
discretion of the POW/admin. For the most part a verbal and text warning
are given and that is the end of it. For those that don't feel rules apply to
them they will get a second warning with an added "you will get kick and
or banned if you keep it up". But in all reality no warning should be
needed since it is a server rule and posted on the MOTD and once you click
"OK" to join the server that is your first warning.

This rule is so this type of problem doesn't happen. Admins can not be
around 24/7 and we respect the regs that play here and help to inforce
the rules. So with that said, respect the rules and other players and have
some fun.

You guys shake hands and lets put an end to this school yard bickering
and lets all get along and play the game.

Postby whatthe » Sun May 27, 2007 10:25 am

Postby TrappAKeepA » Sun May 27, 2007 12:18 pm

There is worse pain than yours ...

Postby Ataraxia Enmity » Sun May 27, 2007 12:21 pm

Postby whatthe » Sun May 27, 2007 2:16 pm

Postby whatthe » Sun May 27, 2007 2:20 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sun May 27, 2007 3:24 pm

Postby Major Catastrophe » Sun May 27, 2007 3:39 pm

Postby Crud » Sun May 27, 2007 7:10 pm

I am of the same ilk as Quisp and Major .
I don't like swear words and they are just not needed in game.
I applaud the player that helps to enforce the rules... thank you.

Now as others have said, once in a while we all make a mistake.
I am guilty of this, but try real heard in my life and in game to not swear...

I however do not like hearing that a player who has tried to remind others that this is not acceptable in game to swear and then being ganged up on by other players.
I find that very disrespectful and not needed.
We make this place and game what it is by helping out our fellow buds.
We are really all on the same team...

Keep it clean and keep it fun. :D

Thanks

Postby whatthe » Mon May 28, 2007 12:46 am

Next

Return to Solitary Confinement