[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Emazing!

Emazing!

Interested in joining the ranks? Post here.

Emazing!

Postby Emazing » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:28 am

I like it here. I've only been around for a month or so, but I wanted to jump through this proverbial hoop just to get it out of the way. I understand well enough the way things work here, as it's very much like the , only not so prudent (this is a good thing). I spent more than three years before the bunch of mostly cranky old men that make up KORT decided to bring me in. I mention this simply to illustrate that when you say the recruitment process takes a while here, I am understanding of that; patient, and not presumptuous. And for what it's worth, I call 'em cranky, but I love fragging with those guys. I just need a group to play DoD with, because when it comes down to it, there's no game I enjoy more. Also, you can remove that link if you think of it as advertising, but such is not my intent.

I should like to note a couple of things. First, that I am very involved with the KORT community. I keep their front page up to date, I work closely with the REGs, and undertake a lot of random projects wherever necessary. Of course, I spend a bit of time playing CS:S as well. It is unlikely that I will ever mention them again outside of this post, but I would like to make sure it's out there, as I know there are some gaming communities that are against their members being involved with other groups. If P.O.W. has such a stance, then consider this application absolved. My contributions can be manifold, and good, even if divided across multiple communities, but I'm not interested in any group that tries to make me pick one over another. That said, I will continue fragging here regardless.

Second, I'm not a fan of Ventrilo. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that swear by it, but I just don't enjoy it, so you won't find me on there. I understand that it can make it more difficult for people to feel like they've gotten to know me, and that's fine. What can I say? I like being difficult ;)

I think that's it. If you have any questions, fire away. Thank you for providing such a wonderful server. This past month has been the first time since DoD:S came out that I've really been able to enjoy myself playing DoD.

Hmm, sorry for being so long-winded, expatiation are the best of friends.

Cheers,
--E

Postby Major Catastrophe » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:55 am

You speak well.

I like to yell.

Crud, Nuisance, hook her up with the greeting.

By the way, you are a great player.

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:03 am

Nice post, I wished they were all so humble and well written.

I believe our rule is that you cannot be involved with another DOD clan, but beyond that, all is good.

And it's a good thing you like playing with cranky old men :D
Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Postby Verman » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:32 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Troll

Re: Emazing!

Postby Rommel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:50 am

Re: Emazing!

Postby Sarge » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:34 am

Last edited by Sarge on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Boslap » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Bend Over and Squeel Like A Pig - Boslap

Postby Crud » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:10 pm

:D

Well Emazing welcome to the forums and the Recruit Thread.... I know I know a bit old and lateish! :lol:

However I wish to say at this time that it has been great playing beside you as well as against you!

You already I believe have found VENT and hopefully enjoying the great and humbling conversations that can ensue! :lol: :P

VENT is a great way for some of us to get to know you and that is the key! :wink:
Also posting on the Forums which I am glad to see you have dived in with gusto....

We are a great big and awesome family.
I'll tell you right now that it takes a long time, but the wait is well well worth it. :D

We are about having fun and having a place to go to for those wind down times..... sigh :)

Looking forward to seeing you more on the front lines where it rains nades.

Now GO GO GO!!!!!
:twisted:

Postby Emazing » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:01 pm

Postby Verman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:36 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:47 pm

My game volume is set between .05-.25 depending on how loud I want things. I then set my vent volume slightly higher. I put special effects on people depending on if I want to hear them louder or softer. I keep my windows volume for the master and wave at the second bar from the bottom. My are too damn good I guess...

Postby Bobby » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:26 pm

// sorry, didn't see it was a recruitment thread - delete away
Last edited by Bobby on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Crud » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:40 pm

Not I.

Status Update

Postby Emazing » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Next

Return to Recruitment