[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Please unban me.

Please unban me.

If you were banned from one of our servers, plea your case here.

Please unban me.

Postby Smiling Cat » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 pm

I have banned from the server and I don't know why or who banned me. I just tried joining the server through my friends and it said my steam id had been banned.

I play with my friends Jezawa™ and Dead.Bolt who are regulars of the server.

STEAM_0:0:6209242 Alias Smiling Cat™

Hopefully by coming to your forums and requesting to be unbanned should show something about what type of player I am.

Also knowing why I was banned and by who would be nice since I really have no idea.
Last edited by Smiling Cat on Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:55 pm

See for the "why did I get banned" part.

Postby Smiling Cat » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Seriously firing a rocket straight up, and killing two afk in spawn people one time shouldn't justify being banned in any way.

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Postby Smiling Cat » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Here is the one time I killed the two afk people in the spawn and was kicked for doing so.

If you look around in there I have almost no team kills or team damage.

2007-09-20 19:03:42 Name I changed my name from "Smiling Cat™" to "Smiling Cat with a gun 'n' shit".

2007-09-20 19:04:25 Name I changed my name from "Smiling Cat with a gun 'n' shit" to "Smiling Cat".

Also as far as the name goes I only had it set to the offensive name for less than a minute. I complied with the admins request that I change it to something else.

Also anytime I said anything to an admin it was along the line of it is a game chill out. I never said anything obscene or started an argument with any admin.

Postby Major Catastrophe » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Tellya what.

Go find a cop car next time you are driving. Get behind him, and then pass him really really fast. When he pulls you over, just tell him to chill out. Then tell him that just because you broke the rules, it shouldn't justify a ticket in any way.

Send us some video of you learning this life lesson, and maybe we'll consider unbanning you.

You might also tell him that you didn't see the speed limit sign on that street.

It's really very simple. Don't go into servers without reading their rules, then break those rules, then tell the people in charge there to chill out when they try enforce those rules, and then declare that those rules shouldn't justify the actions that were explained to you in those rules!

Sheesh.

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:17 pm

SC, you need to chill out. Arguing at this point will do more harm than good.

Your buddies are decent players, as you may be as well, but we do not reverse our decisions just because some one posts in here that it was an unfair action based on degree of guilt.

You broke the rules, happened to get caught by an admin, and got a ban.

It may get lifted if you play your cards right, but I wouldn't get too demanding at this point.
Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Postby Smiling Cat » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Using a real life situation as an analogous to a game is unjustifiable. In your metaphor situation real lives are in the equation and you might kill someone instead of mildy annoying someone for a couple of minutes.

I only told them to chill out because everyone else besides the admins didn't seem to mind in the least since it just a game to be enjoyed. Also telling an admin to chill and that is just a game versus starting an argument with an admin are very different things.

Also you don't have to make a sardonic remark. You responded in a way that doesn't seem necessary.

Anyways I don't want to convolute this predicament so I will leave it to you guys to make a judgment call.

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:18 pm

Not to pile on, but you still seem to think you were wronged somehow. Read the solitary confinement thread again. What's in there? You mow down teammates in spawn; another day you shoot rockets in spawn; now today you're again shooting in spawn and tk 2 afks. After the kick you come back, shoot some more in spawn, and in essence comment that rules don't really apply to you ("chill"). How long is this supposed to go on?

Precisely because it's just a game, we'd like to enjoy it when we get to play it. Because you're playing with real people, not bots, there are a few simple rules in place to make it an enjoyable moment. You repeatedly showed you weren't ready to respect those rules and by extension the other players, hence the ban.

Reading your posts, you seem to remain completely unapologetic, nor do you hint at any future change in your behavior. Good luck with your unban.

Postby RiBBeD » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:56 pm

Killing is my business..and business is good.

Postby Crud » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:02 pm

I must chime in as well, seeing how I was one of the people told to chill out.
I repeatedly told you to stop shooting in spawn today.
I had to stop playing and even type it in so that you would understand.
You then proceeded to argue with me and tell my to "Chill Out"...
This is our home, we come here to "Chill out".
Not having to stop and deal with someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them.
As to real life metaphors, it may be a game, but you are dealing with people.
You don't go into someones house and start ripping stuff up.
You will get KICKED OUT of said house.
I think it's time you learn this...
Chow.
:wink:

Postby fodder » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:33 am

I feel I must speak up as I was also another member told to "chill out". I don't feel like I'm chilling out every time I have to waste my playing time trying to enforce the rules that everybody else cooperates with to make a great gaming server. I am certainly not "chilling out" when I have to spend time afk dealing with yet another guest that thinks they bigger than the server rules. If you don't agree with them, go play somewhere else. I certainly won't miss you.
__
-fodder.

Postby Verman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:43 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Site Admin

Postby Hand of Doom » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:04 am

Postby Verman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:18 am

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Next

Return to Please Unban me