[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - [Aaah]Hopper banned by Ribbed? Overeacting?

[Aaah]Hopper banned by Ribbed? Overeacting?

If you were banned from one of our servers, plea your case here.

[Aaah]Hopper banned by Ribbed? Overeacting?

Postby SeanConnery » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:44 pm

At approx 4:30 Hawaii time (6:30 Pacific time) Ribbed banned [Aaah]Hopper. Hop doesnt really get involved with the clan much and that is why Im making the post of him.
Here's the story: We were playing dod_colmar and Hop, ribbed, and I were all on the German team. We were down to the last bomb pack for the AA gun. Someone planted from the American team, we killed the guy and I saw someone crouch next to the defuse point. Figuring he was defusing I looked up at the Flag/Bomb indicator on the top left hand side only to see a limited time left with noone defusing. I then told the "guy" who at this point I didnt realize was a POW member a retard because he had just lost the match for us and didnt know how to press E and defuse the bomb.
Ribbed obviously didnt like being insulted so he responded saying that he tried to defuse the bomb, to which I responded with a perhaps illadvised quip. So basically I did make fun of him abit and he got mad.
I then accidently blew up Lonely Zoop with a rocket accidently, and Hopper said over team voice, "speaking of retard". So I guess Ribbed thought this was directed at him and proceded to Kick and Ban Hopper.
Ribbed then called Hop and I smartasses and told me to keep it up and I'd get banned myself.
So I insulted Ribbed and argued with him alittle. Hop makes a remark not even related to the situation and gets banned? He didnt do anything to deserve this and likes the server alot.
So I'm asking for you as a group to Unban [Aaah]Hopper and if it makes you feel any better ban me instead. Hopefully some of the regulars can weigh in and say that the rather small group of [Aaah] are a good group of guys and dont really deserve to be so mistreated.

Postby RiBBeD » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:15 pm

Bullshit u lil liar. I tried to defuse the bomb. then u started in on me callin me down and insulting me, which I should have banned u for also. then yer lil buddy starts insulting me too..callin me a retard. That doesnt sit well with me, so he got what he deserved. I dont even know why I showed u mercy when u also called me down and insulted me...maybe there is a part of me thats telling me that hey..."he's a regular and should be given a chance." I dont take kindly to being insulted like that and the ban will stand.
Killing is my business..and business is good.

Postby SeanConnery » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Well I realize youre mad and think my buddy insulted you but thats not what happened. He called me a retard and you thought he was calling you challenged or whatever. If youre going to ban anyone it should be myself. He didnt do anything... But youre right. It is up to you. So whatever, its just a game.

Postby lilGenie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:03 pm

There was a lot of confusion at that time when the AA gun was taken out.
Some of us just re-spawned and rushing to defuse the bomb/reinforce the
position. The enemy was still there, and as it happens many times, the
bomb didn't get defused in time. I agree that when someone is making
his/her best effort and see things going south, he/she tends to overreact.
I think thats what had happened today as well. Sometimes, it becomes a
part of the game. But once you realized that you have said bad things,
just apologize and move on.

I also think that Hopper's comment was not directed at RiBBed but I may
be wrong. Most of the times, I get so much into the game that I don't pay
attention to the ongoing conversation. Then, there is other noise around.
Anyways, we all are good players and team players. I am not trying to
preach or patronize, but would request to please get along guys.

In the end, what RiBBed decides would stand, but it's the "Thanksgiving".
Let's keep the spirit of the season.

Postby SeanConnery » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby SeanConnery » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:27 pm

So I said I was done with the subject. Guess not...

Hop's been permanetly banned from pow for supposedly calling someone a retard? Even though he didnt call ribbed anything (the comment was directed at me). How is a single comment grounds for permanent ban? A kick or a 24 hour ban maybe.

I'd really like to hear from some of the Admins here. I would hope that I can expect more from such a great clan and server.

Postby BIG BROOKS » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Well me would never perm ban some 1 for a name call, unless it was racial but then i still dont use the perm thats a last option for me, take grim on vent when i kill him "a lot" hes so pissed hes allways shouting shit at me but i laugh it off as i no its just a little fun and i dont take stuff to hard, & yea it is a game u r allways gona get ppl bad mouthing ppl, but ribbed isnt me and some admins can be offended, but this is ribbed's call and i wasnt there so i dont no what went on.!
ImageImage

Postby Corny Brooks » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:20 am

ImageImage

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:34 am

Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Postby SeanConnery » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:02 pm

Postby RiBBeD » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:38 am

It goes like this. Dont be disrespecting people in the server..especially clan members, whether they are admin or not. I didnt deserve to be insulted and called down like that..I dont take kindly to things like that. Gotta think before u speak out like that or there's a price to be paid. I'm a fairly decent guy, but when people do things like that to me I turn into an instant asshole. Be cool to me and I'll be cool to u, thats the bottom line. U apologized and thats cool...apology accepted. I'm sure yer buddy is sorry also...and I accept it also. If I could unban I would..you'll have to wait til someone can have him unbanned. I dont know his Steam id so post it and it should be taken care of sometime soon.
Killing is my business..and business is good.

Site Admin

Postby Hand of Doom » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:42 am

We lost our banned_user.cfg file when I was gone. A backup has been loaded and you should find yourself unbanned.

Postby Hopper » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:33 pm

Hey. I've been making Sean post for me because he was already on the forums and I didn't feel like registering just to make one post. But I suppose since this is the only server I play on I might as well.

Anyway, you guys unbanned me and it was nice, but now I'm banned again. Not sure why, since I haven't been online. Probly a file that got screwed up.

Can you guys please unban me again? Steam login: g_hop

Thanks.

Postby BIG BROOKS » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:25 pm

ummm were u playing when u get banned ?
ImageImage

Postby Corny Brooks » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:18 am

hopper we dont need your steam login bud we need your steamid incase u need it next time when u go in game type status and it will have steam_ then numbers or u can just check the stats and find your name there but i have done that for you

STEAM_0:1:4179441 thats hes steamid
ImageImage

Next

Return to Please Unban me