[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Weapons Points Modifiers: why?

Weapons Points Modifiers: why?

All questions and comments about player stats should be addressed here.

Which is the superior weapon?

STG44
59%
BAR
32%
Both are equally good (or bad)
9%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes : 22

Postby Bobby » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 pm

Postby lilGenie » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:19 pm

Postby Bobby » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:48 pm

The BAR and Stg44 recoil rates are the same. The Stg44 has a much
larger clip - about 1/3 larger than the BAR - and a faster ROF. That's
why it feels like recoil is worse, I guess (shooting faster, more bullets
will throw the barrel up further.)

Waldo did a series of tests in a shooting range. You can see the results
and download the map to test for yourself . It also includes the map
source, if you want to tweak it yourself.

-b

Postby sgt_hork » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:43 pm

I think the pistols should both be a bit higher than they are, something like 0.2 higher for each one.

The .45 is 0.1 higher than the p38 because the p38 has slightly better accuracy and does a bit more dammage than the .45, I think the 0.1 difference is fair between the two.

The pistols definitely shouldn't have the same modifier as the c96 or the sniper rifles (both easier to kill with). I'd like to go for a ballsy kill with a pistol over the sniper rifle and get rewarded for it.

If your not dying your not trying

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:43 pm

Yeah I guess the pistols could be just a tad higher.

I'm fine with the C96 having a higher modifier than the Carbine: it becomes unreliable to useless at distances other than close quarters, and you end up dry pretty quick with it (with a cone of fire so large that there's no practical way of conserving ammo). Besides, raising the Carbine would mean more points to Enigma, and we all know we can't afford to give more points to Enigma.

I'd say the main thing is the BAR/STG; the modifiers could almost be the other way around, in my opinion (or at the very least, made equal). I guess 1.3 for the BAR, against 1.2 for the STG would be fairer. The STG magazine size advantage is HUGE!!1! No, really. With the shortened BAR reload time, all other characteristics are about the same for the two guns, but I find the magazine size really makes a difference.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:28 am

The P38 gets a couple more bullets, thats the only difference I see with the Colt.

Postby Spud » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:25 pm

you know i kinda have to agree with the STG/BAR changing .... i can do thing s with the STG that i wouldn't dream of with the bar. I will use last night on boughda as an example i would run over the tank and have enough ammo to kill 2/3 guys before a reload. I KNOW i can't do that with the bar ... it just doesn't kill people fast enough maybe that being the fire rate or just the lack of bullets but killing 1/2 at a time is almost the max for the bar.

Postby Enigma » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:47 pm

I'm not sure on the exact point values to assign the guns, but will do a test tonight with Waldo's map (to test accuracy of the weapons in question only). I've been meaning to do one, so perhaps this will actually get my lazy butt to load up the firing range.

Waldo has neglected to test a fair amount of weapons, and also said that the MG42 and 30Cal seemed to be the same(!). To be fair to him, it does take a long time to test out all of the weapons; I've tested roughly half of them by myself (though the bar/stg weren't of interest to me at the time)

Postby Enigma » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm now done testing the MG's and support weapons. A few interesting things I found out:

The BAR holds 20 rounds, while the STG44 holds 30.

The *vertical* recoil is exactly the same on both the BAR & STG44. I came to this conclusion by shooting 20 rounds (in single or full auto). Each time I rose up to the same vertical angle.

I'm not sure of any decent way to test the horizontal recoil. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Sorry for the crappy formatting, but here are the support/mg

Edit: I'll have to do some carbine vs C96 tests for laughs. Tomorrow...

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:28 am

Thanks Enigma. Well, if anything, the cone of fire of the BAR would appear to be ever so slightly larger than the STG's. 20 rounds vs. 30, I still think there's a case for changing the modifiers there...

About the MGs, I think the current modifers are okay. Mainly, it's higher rate of fire vs. greater accuracy at range. But since most MG kills are not gotten at range (MG easily picked up by snipers and riflemen, and Source maps relatively tight), it's a little easier for the 42 to shine, thanks to its RoF.

Postby Enigma » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:40 am

with Carbine vs C96 results. Still have yet to do the RoF, maybe tomorrow. Wanted to do a few more weapons as well as time permits.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:53 am

I can tell you that it takes 2 hits to center mass to kill somebody with the STG, 3 if you hit just the legs and one to the head...I had a little practice with a AFK verman when nobody was on in the morning.

Postby Bib Fortuna » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:57 am

Enigma... your sig image is pretty wide there man.
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Quisp » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:19 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Server Stats