[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Ribbon Awards

Ribbon Awards

All questions and comments about player stats should be addressed here.

Ribbon Awards

Postby Dedeye » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:57 am

WTF?

There seems to be only a select amount of ribbons (medals).

Not all weapons are represented.
I also heard that they were ripped off of BF2 ??

I love the MP44 (STG44) and there is no award?

I like having awards and ranks, but it seems they dropped the ball.
Das Schlachtfeld ist mein Haus.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:12 pm

Yes, ribbons and awards ripped straight from BF2...If your gonna steal an idea you should at least do a half decent job of it. All weapons should have an award.

Not talking to you Doom, I talking to the hlx guys, they can't hear me.

Postby BUMCastrator » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:43 pm

How do I go about finding the necessary requirements to obtain these nice shiny ribbons of merit? har.

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby General Nuisance » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:24 am

ImageImage

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:49 am

I didn't feel this post needed a topic dedicated to it so I'm adding it to a topic with a close relation.

I was looking at the top POW's on the stats, Advent and I are the only ones with a bundle of awards. I have 43 Advent has 25, everybody else in the top 50 has under 10.

I thought Corny or Thompson would at least have more than ten, guess I was wrong.

Darneous, being the little devil that he is has 129...FREAK!!

Postby Emazing » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:00 am

They award excess playtime over any given 24 hour period. When I first started playing here it was during a period of a few days where I was really sick, so I was wasting the time away stuck at home. Over I think it was three days of playing 4-5 hours a day, I managed to get one award. Since then it's been impossible, sans one award for bomb planting, but I got all the bomb plants for that award during one 30-minute map.

I think it would be much more interesting if the awards were based on most kills/caps/bomb plants/etc in a round over a 24 hour period.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:11 pm

I'm not on much but I still get tons of awards.
What can I say, I'm a good sniper and a colt KILLA!!

BTW, back when I first got DOD:S

Postby The Advent » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:40 pm

i would have more but i have been consumed by wow

Postby Major Catastrophe » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:56 pm

Any awards I get are accidental. I change weapons based on what I deem necessary each re-spawn. I will use an mg, for instance, until I notice an opposing mg killing a bunch of my teammates in a row. Then I will switch to a nade-tossing class in order to suicide-kill the opposing mger.

Of course, the opposing mger will return. I can't quite understand why he/she can do this even though I have told my team it will occur. Eventually, I always seem to have to do the suicide-nade over and over.

In any event, there is no way I'm gonna get many awards. I play only to win, and I don't consider a win worthwhile if I'm on a stacked team. I change over if I consider this to be the case. I'm only gonna get a ribbon based on the weapon I deem most often useful.

Thanks for making that mp40 ribbon, Verm!

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:14 am

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:30 am

Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Troll

Postby Rommel » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:46 am

Postby Emazing » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:11 am

Next

Return to Server Stats