How about a a [Regs]/{POW} v.s. all com'ers night?

We are currently not playing in league, but always are up for a friendly scrim.

How about a a [Regs]/{POW} v.s. all com'ers night?

Postby Squishy Babbler » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Just a thought I figured I'd throw out there, where all of us great "un-tagged" un-washed masses can take a poke at you lot, all at one time.
Thanks go to Rommel for the Avatar!
And to Quisp for helping to clean up the code in my tag!

Postby Crud » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:03 pm

Squishy Babbler you are considered a REG.
You have been playing here for a bit.
The REG thing means nothing to POW.
We know who is a regular player or who has just showed up.
Wither you have a tag on or not, means nothing in my book.
I know who is who.....

The only thing is I guess some put that on for something to do. :? :roll:

Whatever, back to topic....

We should have another fun night of good players match, but this time of year is super busy.
X-mas/work, uggggg!
No time myself right now.
:(
Last edited by Crud on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:18 pm

Crud wrote:The only thing is I guess some put that on for something to do. :? :roll: :(

The wannabes.
Personally I like peoples names without the [REGS] tag...I think the [REGS] tag is for...

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:49 pm

I support the REG or REGS tag. It is self imposed and POW has never passed judgement on it. Some folks may think it is silly but anything you stick to your guns on eventually transcends all criticism and only gains respect. Rommel is the poster child for that so I don't know why he's yammering on. I thought the regs tags was meaningless and never wore it before tagging POW, now I've changed my mind on it. I think that was during the pow/reg match when everyone put on the reg tag, that impressed.

There is one benefit to wearing the reg tag, I have included it in one of our admin tools so that if you wear it you will not be kicked to let a fellow member in when the server is full. This is especially handy for you tf2 folks.

The regs tag also distinguishes someone as a look out for when a POW tag is not around. The POW assumption on the REG tag is that if you wear it, there are no excuses for breaking server rules, there is also an assumption that the player is looking out for the best intrests of the POW community and thus reports/contacts someone to deal with asshats (mainly racists/swearing folks).
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Sparky » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:07 pm

The Spanish Inquisition wrote:I support the REG or REGS tag. It is self imposed and POW has never passed judgement on it. Some folks may think it is silly but anything you stick to your guns on eventually transcends all criticism and only gains respect. Rommel is the poster child for that so I don't know why he's yammering on. I thought the regs tags was meaningless and never wore it before tagging POW, now I've changed my mind on it. I think that was during the pow/reg match when everyone put on the reg tag, that impressed.

There is one benefit to wearing the reg tag, I have included it in one of our admin tools so that if you wear it you will not be kicked to let a fellow member in when the server is full. This is especially handy for you tf2 folks.

The regs tag also distinguishes someone as a look out for when a POW tag is not around. The POW assumption on the REG tag is that if you wear it, there are no excuses for breaking server rules, there is also an assumption that the player is looking out for the best intrests of the POW community and thus reports/contacts someone to deal with asshats (mainly racists/swearing folks).

Here Here, I respect peoples decision to wear the regs tag and it's along the same lines as what Spanish is quoted above! Myself all the years I played DOD I thought I would never put tags on, but this is a good/if not motley :P community to be apart of REGS/POWS and the such!

So Rock n Roll.!

Postby Crud » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:28 pm

Well anyone can put the whatever ya want to call it on.
This is not regulated by us and never will.
So everyone that comes here should just put them on....
You nut bars.
:roll:

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:48 pm

Well, that went off-topic fast... :mrgreen:

I tend to agree with Spanish. Folks who use the REGS tag show their attachment to the server and its community, it's a good sentiment. When I see a lot of REGS and/or POW tags on the server, I know the game will probably be a good and friendly one.

Don't wear it, that's fine; wear it, that's fine too.

As Crud say, it's not regulated. But to echo Spanish, anyone wearing it and acting like a dolt will be dealt with mercilessly. So far, there hasn't been any issue, as far as I know. You guys are a great bunch of people. Cheers!

Postby Sparky » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:00 pm

Crud wrote:
You nut bars.

OH you KNow I'm a nut bar 8)

Postby Crud » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Sparky wrote:
Crud wrote:
You nut bars.

OH you KNow I'm a nut bar 8)

Almond Joy, baby! :twisted:

Postby Bobby » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:20 pm

I wouldn't mind an old school vs. new school match, if we can find enough DOD 1.3 era regs and members for the
old school side.

-b

Postby HaZZenFeFFaH » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:50 am

Bobby wrote:I wouldn't mind an old school vs. new school match, if we can find enough DOD 1.3 era regs and members for the
old school side.

I'll raise my cane to that one............. :wink:

Postby Verman » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:44 am

Bobby wrote:I wouldn't mind an old school vs. new school match, if we can find enough DOD 1.3 era regs and members for the
old school side.

-b

It's been awhile, but sounds like a good time. I'm in.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Re: How about a a [Regs]/{POW} v.s. all com'ers night?

Postby lilGenie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:12 am

Squishy Babbler wrote:Just a thought I figured I'd throw out there, where all of us great "un-tagged" un-washed masses can take a poke at you lot, all at one time.

Don't we do that every night?

Postby smitty » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:40 am

I'm in as soon as I get my walker back from the shop, it's
getting new tennis balls put on.

-smitty

Postby Crud » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:19 pm

:D :wink:

Next

Return to Challenge Us