[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Weapons Points Modifiers: why?

Weapons Points Modifiers: why?

All questions and comments about player stats should be addressed here.

Which is the superior weapon?

STG44
59%
BAR
32%
Both are equally good (or bad)
9%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes : 22

Postby Enigma » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:24 pm

Postby lilGenie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:39 pm

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:10 pm

I guess I'll bump the thread since I added a poll. Thanks for participating.

Postby Enigma » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:02 pm

Known info:
Same vertical recoil
Bar @ 8.5 vs STG @ 8.3 rounds/sec
Bar @ 20 vs STG @ 30 round clip
Roughly the same CoF

Unknown:
Horizontal recoil
Damage per hit in various areas

I don't think I'll ever be able to easily test the horizontal recoil, but will reserve my judgement til I find out the damage per hit. If they prove to be the same, then I would definately give the STG the upper hand as I don't see 0.2 rounds/sec to be much of a factor at all (1 extra shot per 5 seconds).

Just to throw it out there, I timed how long it took to empty a clip and then simply divided by the clip size to find the rounds/sec (took an average of 5 timings). If someone has a better method/idea for determining this, let me know. I had thought the STG had a much faster firing rate for some reason.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:50 am

You could record it with fraps then view the AVI in a video editor like Virtual DUB and go frame by frame and count them as it will have a time code...this is how I know I shoot my carbine faster than you Enigma...

Anyways, I can tell you the number of shots needed on a STG to kill...
1 if it's a head shot
2 if its a center mass shot
3 if it's in the legs...

I had a lil practice on verman when he was afk...

Postby Cpt Ukulele » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:17 am

Postby Enigma » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:43 am

Postby Dedeye » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:51 am

I don't know about you guys, but I usually reload after a kill or two
with the STG44, so clip size doesn't really come into it in my view.

I still don't like stats on M-1 Carbine, I can shoot my ass off at a
zook trooper with my STG44, and because of its accuracy over
very long distance, I usually die unless I get a critical hit.

The M-1 is arguably is better than Kar98.(rate of fire, accuracy vs damage) I would bet the M-1 can fire 3 shots(120 dmg) faster than
1 shot with Kar98(110 dmg shot +chamber the nest round) RE Rommel and Enigma

I really, really, really H8 the M-1( If you haven't noticed)
Das Schlachtfeld ist mein Haus.

Postby Denzildon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:02 am

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:06 am

Postby Enigma » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:18 am

Actually, Kar users are my worst enemy when I'm using the M1 (or any 1 hit weapon, but I usually try to avoid sniper paths). If a Kar user misses, they're dead meat unless they can duck for cover. The one shot gives them the upper hand assuming both have equally good aim.

Waldos test show all scoped/iron sight weapons hitting dead on while scoped/iron sighted. This was the only reason I didn't bother to test the rifles in these modes.

According to this guy, I shoot faster than you Rommel Sorry, couldn't resist :p Just reformatted, so I went to go test things out.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:02 pm

Well I can.
Not by much we are talking a few tenths of a second here on average...

Postby Quisp » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:59 pm

Now can this topic explain why most people pick the wrong gun for a map.

Like maybe a break down of maps and guns.

example

dod_ardennes what would be the point to using an assault weapon on this map.
But Flash you need more people with the assault weapon.

Not sure how to go about this just tossing something out to see if anyone
has any ideas on how to show/explain something like this.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:11 pm

One word.
Whores...

Postby Bobby » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Server Stats