[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Banned for getting tw'd and tk'd

Banned for getting tw'd and tk'd

If you were banned from one of our servers, plea your case here.

Banned for getting tw'd and tk'd

Postby Eclipse » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:13 am

Advent banned me tonight after i reciprocated being shot in spawn. I'm sorry, but I don't take lightly to being shot in spawn. The player, Don Davis, who shot me in spawn continued to kill me and himself with a grenade. Advent warned me to not team wound, I advised him that I was only enacting an eye for an eye. At that point I was team wounded again, after spawning again, by another player who had been calling most players on our losing team 'faggots'. At this point Advent banned me.

I'm guessing, it was a non-perma ban (something along the lines of 1hr-24hrs), but I went through the hassle of posting this because I don't think it was right for me to get banned when I was team killed twice blatantly. I don't think anyone has ever seen me causing trouble (because I don't), nor do I ever open fire in spawn like happened repeatedly during that game, which lead to me getting team wounded and killed. Honestly I try to respect and follow most of your rules on the server, and I am guilty of swearing once in a while, but I do apologize for those outbursts in team voice chat when it happens.

Why was I banned (first) when I was not the player initiating the team wounding/killing, nor did I ever team kill anyone (I only slayed the two players that team killed me)?

Postby The Advent » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:16 am

I made it a perma, when I was saying to not TW. I got a reply from you saying "your a fool" followed by you team wounding and a TK. I thought this was a slap in the face to the rules of our server. From my POV thats what it looked like.

If what you say is true, then an unban is in order.

http://powdod.hlstatsx.com/?mode=chathi ... layer=1522

Postby Eclipse » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:06 am

Advent why would i call you a fool for telling me not to team wound? The guy that had killed me in spawn said something to me, I was telling him "you're a fool". Part of me thinks I should apologize, but honestly I don't think it's necessary. The other player blatantly team wounded me in spawn, and then stood next to me at the spawn ramp when he committed suicide with a nade, killing himself, taking me along with him. When you told me after this point to not team wound, i responded he shot me first... Thats when he piped in and claimed it was an accident hence why I said "right..." then to him again, not you, "you're a fool".

If you want to keep me banned, fine, but the only thing I did wrong was doing the same that he had done unto me. I never start s**t in spawn, because it pisses me off when some idiot starts firing and hits his teammates. There's no reason to fire in spawn after having died considering that any player is just coming from the spectate death screen. Whatever the initiators name was I'm not 100% certain at this point, but when you let off a few bursts from your bar in spawn and say "oh it was an accident", of course I'm going to be skeptical and belligerent towards that player. This is a long-winded post, and I'm merely trying to help you understand my rationalization of my return fire. I've played on this server ever since DoD:S came out, I don't think I've ever given any POW admin a reason to ban me and I wouldn't start now.

Btw, I tried to join your vent after it happened to find out why I was banned, but the connection wouldn't work for me.

Edit* I'm pretty sure it was Don Davis, here's a link to his chat...

http://powdod.hlstatsx.com/?mode=chathi ... ayer=32193

from Don Davis' events log...
2009-02-19 02:55:49 Team Kill I killed teammate Eclipse with U.S. Grenade. {P.O.W} Prisoner of War DoD:S dod_argentan

http://powdod.hlstatsx.com/?mode=player ... ayer=32193

2nd Edit*

Here's the other guy that team killed me before you banned me

BrianPeppers'LimpPenis (taken from the following link)

2009-02-19 02:56:26 Team Kill I killed teammate Eclipse with Thompson Submachine Gun. {P.O.W} Prisoner of War DoD:S dod_argentan

http://powdod.hlstatsx.com/?mode=player ... ayer=11723

Here's a link to his chat to further corroborate what I said in the first post about him calling us all 'faggots'

http://powdod.hlstatsx.com/?mode=chathi ... ayer=11723

If you want to take it from my own stats and events list (and I know this is a ballsy move, but I have to point out that you checked my chat, but not my events for me getting team killed).

2009-02-19 02:56:26 Friendly Fire My teammate BrianPeppers'LimpPenis killed me with Thompson Submachine Gun. {P.O.W} Prisoner of War DoD:S dod_argentan
2009-02-19 02:55:49 Friendly Fire My teammate Don Davis killed me with U.S. Grenade. {P.O.W} Prisoner of War DoD:S dod_argentan

Postby The Advent » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:04 am

After your 1st post I figured the fool comment wasn't directed to me. In the midst of playing the game and trying to admin, what I saw what you two team wounding. Then after I said to stop, I saw a reply "your a fool". Him saying it was an accident didn't appear on my screen hence why I though you were talking to me ( I'm sure he used voice, or it would have appeared on his chat history). As for Don I was getting around to him after keeping an eye on him. Then when he did something else he left before I could get to him.

As for future reference don't retaliate, in the game use team chat and put

team_say: @ Hey admin, can you help deal with "said person" for "reason"

Then things like this won't happen. The @ sends the chat to admins only so people won't know your saying anything and leave before action can be taken.

Postby Eclipse » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Postby Crud » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:48 pm

The @ sign is your Admin friend.
Just remember to leave a space after
@ or everyone will see it. :oops: :P :wink:

Site Admin

Postby Hand of Doom » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Postby Eclipse » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm not unbanned

Postby Crud » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Postby Eclipse » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Hey, I've been patient to see if I'd get removed from this back up list, but so far it seems that I have not. My steam ID is still banned.

Site Admin

Postby Hand of Doom » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Postby Eclipse » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:40 am

Got this off your stats page

STEAM_0:1:4556981

thank you for trying so many times

*edit

I double checked that ID number with my attempts to log into your server, the message I receive to tell me that I'm banned also shows that number

STEAM_0:1:4556981

Site Admin

Postby Hand of Doom » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 pm

I have unbanned you one more time... If it doesn't work, then you may have been banned by IP. You will have to give me your IP address - I see two in the banned.cfg

Postby Eclipse » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:50 am

All right, I'll send it to you in a pm. Out of curiosity, why would it tell me my steam ID is banned when I try to join the server, if it's my IP address that is banned?

Next

Return to Please Unban me