[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - iPhone

iPhone

A place to shoot the breeze.
Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:15 pm

I think he is,

Postby UW Ness » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Postby Grouch » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:05 am

ImageImage

Postby Crud » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Does anyone have the Tom Tom GPS?
It's on sale right now till the 30th.

Just wondering how they find it?
Even on sale it's a bit expensive.
I have the G-map CANADA and got it for $20 can.
It's ok just not great, however it is the right price.

Want to be sure about the TOM TOM before dropping that much. :?

Thanks...

Postby UW Ness » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:12 am

Ehhh, I tried both the Tom Tom and Navigon apps on my jailbroken iPhone, and I really wasn't too impressed. They make you type in everything seperately, house number, then street, then city, then this and that, one screen at a time instead of letting you type in a full address. Then, when I entered the address (and I know it was correct), it was going to send me somewhere completely different!

Different perspectives though, I use the AT&T Navigator app for my GPS cuz I get it free as an employee, otherwise it's $10 a month. But I think it's a lot better, plus it doesn't take up a buttload of space on the phone. I have no idea if you have that available in Canada, probably not though. Anyways, both Tom Tom and Navigon aren't bad, they show a lot of stuff on the maps, but having to type in everything separately was a pain. Maybe I was doing it wrong, who knows... :lol:

Postby Bib Fortuna » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:15 am

I'm eyeballing that Droid.... built in GPS
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Crud » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:17 pm

Hmmm well the personnel reviews of the TOM TOM are bad, seems the Canucks are getting shafted.
The Navigon is getting much better reviews, so maybe that is the one to go with?
:?

.. and no we do not have the AT&T GPS up here.

What something not Apple there Bib! :P

Postby Crazycarl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Postby UW Ness » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 pm

You can do street view with the iPhone too, just FYI.

God, those emulators I was messing with are terrible. The sound is all choppy, the games are choppy, and some of them don't display correctly. What's worse, the guy developing them wants to charge for some of them, even though they don't work well. I've never seen an emulator you had to pay for before. Good thing you can find cracked versions in other repositories, if you really wanted to try them. Sounds like he's making N64 and Neo Geo emulators too, great, so we can play more games that run terrible. Why doesn't he make the existing ones actually work before starting another one, that'd be neato.

So here's a short list of a few high quality games that have come out recently that I definitely recommend:
Jet Car Stunts -- Essentially Trackmania for the iPhone
MiniSquadron -- A frantic flying shooter, lots of fun
C64 -- Commodore 64 emulator, will have more games available than what there is currently as in-app purchases
Hook Champ -- A rope swinging game, but with levels and equipment upgrades, very fun!
Skee-Ball -- Been out for a little bit, but it's skee-ball. Very cool and with prizes you can win with tickets!

Check em out!

Postby Crud » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:27 pm

33rd Division today only!!!! :D

Postby UW Ness » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Picked it up!! Actually, if you keep an eye on there will be a game made free every day up til Christmas! Today is the first day and 33rd Division is the first game.

Postby Crud » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Postby UW Ness » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Postby Crud » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 am

The page is loading now Ness !
Today is free! :D

Also today is free for a limited time.
:wink:

Postby Crud » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 am

Loads of Xmas deals going on just went on sale.

Also looks cool!
:D

PreviousNext

Return to The barracks