[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Apple ipad vs Microsoft Surface

Apple ipad vs Microsoft Surface

A place to shoot the breeze.

Apple ipad vs Microsoft Surface

Postby DOZER » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Im trying to decide what one to get but I need some help in deciding. Even though I have an iphone ive never used a MAC PC b4 so.....ya. Any input would help alot, thanks.

Postby Panzerschrek » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 pm

The ipad is more like an iphone than a mac, since it runs the iOS. I 'm waiting for my ipad mini I ordered the sunday after thanksgiving. Just waiting..

The surface looks pretty cool though. I'd been holding out for a smaller tablet, that I liked and then the ipad mini was released so I jumped on that. It was a no brainer for me cause they only have the surface in 10"

Postby UW Ness » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:14 pm

I haven't used the Surface, but I'd go iPad personally. Mostly because I've had an iPhone for so long that I'd already know how to use it, and I've bought a ton of apps and a lot of them are universal so they'd work great on iPad. Would have to buy all new apps for Surface... that said I'd take either one haha

Postby Verman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:34 am

I just picked up a nexus 7, 32g. It's a pretty sweet tab. Built by Asus with Nvidia graphics. It just updated to Android 4.2. Sence it's Google, it comes with a lot of usefull apps.

For what I was looking for in a tab, it has the best bang for the buck.
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby DOZER » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

well its for my wife and she cant make up her mind but we both have iphones and all the apps and music i guess is a no brainer. 10 inch screen for the surface? :shock: From what ive gathered from her is she likes both and loves Win 8 so..... shit. Ill keep looking out for some last min sales and prolly go with the ipad though.

My PC is going on 7yrs old with only PSU and VGA updates and it seems I cant find anything I want thats new but women always want new stuph. :lol:
Its prolly because I havent found a game thats worth the upgrade. :(

Thanks for the input guys. 8)

Postby Crud » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:42 am

I love my iPad and have had it for a while.
It just works, I have a lot of apps I can use for work and I now have a digital audio console that is spicifcly iPad driven.
Windows 8 I hate.... No thank you, but that's just my opinion, don't like it.
I have an iPhone, so again a no brainer.
:wink:

Postby DOZER » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 pm

there is 2 ipads not much difference in the two I guess but one is faster? damm specs :x

Postby Panzerschrek » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:30 pm

There's actually 3 ipads out. One is the , one is called and one is called iPad with retina display(iPad 4). I can't get the link to the wiki working for this one.

Postby Crud » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:43 pm

It's getting confusing....
The newest ipad 3 (4?) has the new retina display.
Wish mine had that, but it doesn't.
They are phasing in at the moment a new connector for the iPad.
So some of the new iPads still have the old connector and some of them have the new one. Nuts....

Postby Panzerschrek » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 am

Postby DOZER » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 am

Last edited by DOZER on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Panzerschrek » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Postby DOZER » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Postby [spoon] » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Return to The barracks